Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Mar 19th 2006, 8:16 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
I agree with britishvixen21 it does not sound right that you are looking at a few more months I did not even receive a AOR at all the only thing we received from CHC was hubby's request for passport and that was within 6 weeks of CHC receiving our application...have you applied for you CAIPS notes to see what has gone on with your file you can do this yourself for $5 and don't need your lawyer to assist you might be useful to see the notes and bring forward date ect for your own eyes.

Island Girl
Island girl
Excuse my ignorance( and my hubby is at work so can't ask him) but what is CAIPS? and also how would we go about this?

Thanks again
Kelly
Old Mar 19th 2006, 8:27 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Island girl
Excuse my ignorance( and my hubby is at work so can't ask him) but what is CAIPS? and also how would we go about this?

Thanks again
Kelly
CAIPS = Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System

Website here: CAIPS Home page

Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hangman
CAIPS = Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System

Website here: CAIPS Home page

Cheers
Steve
The problem with CAIPS (as I understand it) is that it can take up to a month before you get the details. On a spousal application that should take 6 months (approximately), by the time you receive the information it's effectively a month out of date. A month doesn't make a great deal of difference in a skilled worker app, but if you think how many people have been getting approved in Mississauga, sent to London and their PPR within 1 month, you can see a lot can change!!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
The problem with CAIPS (as I understand it) is that it can take up to a month before you get the details. On a spousal application that should take 6 months (approximately), by the time you receive the information it's effectively a month out of date. A month doesn't make a great deal of difference in a skilled worker app, but if you think how many people have been getting approved in Mississauga, sent to London and their PPR within 1 month, you can see a lot can change!!
I wholeheartedly agree I thought they were a waste of my $5 and my ink from my pen writing the check, they are effectily a month out of date which makes you panic that theres no movement, the only time I would order caips is if i was called for interview or if my case was heavily delayed like the folks still in holding pattern in Mississauga might be a good idea to order FOSS which is the inland equivalent to CAIPS.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

To those who received an e-mail (or other contact) from the CHC to say their PPR was on its way...how long did you have to wait before the PPR actually turned up in the post?

We desperately want to land on the 7th of May. Our application has been in process in London since the 6th of Feb, all fees are paid, etc. We're hoping that we'll get some word of approval within the next 2 weeks, then allowing a few weeks to get the visa itself, but I'm just wondering what the delay in the PPR letter might be...

We're in the UK, so obviously post takes a lot less time than to go to Canada (it does come from London, doesn't it?).
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:55 pm
Native Vancouverite

Susie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really niceSusie Derkins is just really nice

Cov-Canuck,

I didn't get any indication that I'd be getting the PPR before it actually arrived in the post. But if it helps at all, it was 38 days from our AOR that we actually received it. I think it all happens very quickly.

We sent my partner's passport to them last Monday (now 8 days later), and I'm hoping to have it back sometime this week. Of course, the letter they sent us said they aimed to have it back to us in 30 days. But they also said his application could take 6 months, and it clearly took much less than that.

By the way, we're spending our final week in England down in Rugby, so not far from you! Good luck with your application!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

wesbett is an unknown quantity at this point

To those who received an e-mail (or other contact) from the CHC to say their PPR was on its way...how long did you have to wait before the PPR actually turned up in the post?

We desperately want to land on the 7th of May. Our application has been in process in London since the 6th of Feb, all fees are paid, etc. We're hoping that we'll get some word of approval within the next 2 weeks, then allowing a few weeks to get the visa itself, but I'm just wondering what the delay in the PPR letter might be...

We're in the UK, so obviously post takes a lot less time than to go to Canada (it does come from London, doesn't it?).
Hi cov-canuck, these are our dates for my spousal visa application:
Application sent - Oct 31st 2005
Application in processing - Dec 5th 2005
Decision made CIC - Feb 13th 2006
Decision made London- March 14th 2006
Letter requesting passport received March 18th 2006

We sent an email on Sunday March 12th as we were worried about getting to Canada before my meds ran out in September. They emailed back on the 14th saying all was approved.

You should hear any day now. Good luck and I hope you get out there by the 7th May.

Wes
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wesbett

We sent an email on Sunday March 12th as we were worried about getting to Canada before my meds ran out in September. They emailed back on the 14th saying all was approved.

You should hear any day now. Good luck and I hope you get out there by the 7th May.

Wes
See, now I'm starting to get concerned, we've been in process longer than anyone else! We e-mailed last week to confirm that payment for the ROLF had been received (we paid before we were prompted, but not up front), and got an e-mail back the following afternoon stating that yes, they have it on record that we'd paid, but no indication of processing time or what stage it is in, so we're assuming that it isn't done yet. London have been taking around 40 days on average for spousal applications (based on dates obtained from here for about half a dozen people), and we've now gone above this. Mississauga also took longer than expected to process...I wonder what it is about our application that makes it extra complex?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Horizons is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by wesbett

Wes
Hi Cov-Canuck - I hope you hear something very soon.

Wes- can you tell me when London started processeing your application? They started processing my hubbies paperwork on 24th Feb.....

Thanks
H

Last edited by Horizons; Mar 21st 2006 at 1:46 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

wesbett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Horizons
Hi Cov-Canuck - I hope you hear something very soon.

Wes- can you tell me when London started processeing you application? They started processing my hubbies paperwork on 24th Feb.....

Thanks
H
Hi Horizons.
London started mine on 17th of Feb.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

See, now I'm starting to get concerned, we've been in process longer than anyone else! We e-mailed last week to confirm that payment for the ROLF had been received (we paid before we were prompted, but not up front), and got an e-mail back the following afternoon stating that yes, they have it on record that we'd paid, but no indication of processing time or what stage it is in, so we're assuming that it isn't done yet. London have been taking around 40 days on average for spousal applications (based on dates obtained from here for about half a dozen people), and we've now gone above this. Mississauga also took longer than expected to process...I wonder what it is about our application that makes it extra complex?
I dont think you have been waiting that long, they have only been processing your case a month, mine took 11 weeks. Every case is unique as well remember and you may just have a lazy IO or she may be waiting on your medicals. 40 days is nothing, hold tight im sure you will hear something soon. Maybe order CAIPS see if tehy can tell you anything.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

I wonder what it is about our application that makes it extra complex?
My application has exactly the same timelines as Wesbett's right up until 'Decision Made London' - that's where the similarities end . I sent an email last week and haven't heard anything back.

I'm also hoping to land early May, so I sympathise with you. I've decided there's no point trying to second-guess what's going on with mine, as I've no idea of their processes and why some apps take longer than others.

I'm trying not to think about it 24/7, but it's hard! So hang in there, I'm sure it'll come through soon

V
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Our turn!! Just got a response to an e-mail sent on Friday morning, saying that the PPR went into the post to us today, so we should have it tomorrow/Friday!!

Oh, and we were thanked for our continued patience Who were THEY talking about?

WOO HOOO!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Our turn!! Just got a response to an e-mail sent on Friday morning, saying that the PPR went into the post to us today, so we should have it tomorrow/Friday!!

Oh, and we were thanked for our continued patience Who were THEY talking about?

WOO HOOO!!!!!

Congratulations!! Really pleased for you (though thoroughly depressed now!)

Will have to take some of my own advice and just hang in there.

Enjoy your celebrations tonight

V
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Congrats Cov, I told you too wait just a little longer, your processing was super super fast!!! what was that like 5 weeks!!

Have a on me!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.