Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by wesbett
Thanks to all for the support - I suppose there's no turning back now!

Good luck!

Wes
Wes,

How long did you have to wait for a response to your e-mail? London's been processing ours since the 6th of Feb, we sent them a fax yesterday lunchtime to confirm that they've received all fees etc. so there's nothing holding it up. My husband's medicals also expire in September, and we desperately want to land in May, we're cutting it close for booking flights!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

wesbett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Wes,

How long did you have to wait for a response to your e-mail? London's been processing ours since the 6th of Feb, we sent them a fax yesterday lunchtime to confirm that they've received all fees etc. so there's nothing holding it up. My husband's medicals also expire in September, and we desperately want to land in May, we're cutting it close for booking flights!
Hi. We sent them the email on Sunday 12th and they emailed back on Tuesday 14th. Their email back stated that they were due to process the case in the next two weeks but due to our email they decided to process it earlier. This means that that processed the case in one day - Monday. So it must have just been a quick look to see that we have paid everything, a check of the medical and a glance at our photos and other supporting evidence to see if I looked dodgy or not!

Hopefully you will hear something in the next day or so as you are in the same situation as us. We are not going to go until September as we are going to have our 2nd baby here in June. You have to be in BC for 3 months before you can get medical cover and we aren't in a position to pay for the birth privately!!

Good luck and let us know when you hear!
Wes
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Hi. We sent them the email on Sunday 12th and they emailed back on Tuesday 14th. Their email back stated that they were due to process the case in the next two weeks but due to our email they decided to process it earlier. This means that that processed the case in one day - Monday. So it must have just been a quick look to see that we have paid everything, a check of the medical and a glance at our photos and other supporting evidence to see if I looked dodgy or not!

Hopefully you will hear something in the next day or so as you are in the same situation as us. We are not going to go until September as we are going to have our 2nd baby here in June. You have to be in BC for 3 months before you can get medical cover and we aren't in a position to pay for the birth privately!!

Good luck and let us know when you hear!
Wes
Hi Wes

I sent them an email last night after reading Mrs Wes's post, so I hope I have the same luck as you! Bit worried about p*ssing them off by chasing progress, but too late now I've done it!

Will let you know if I hear anything. Hope you get your PPR soon, let us know when it comes!

V

PS Which email address did you use, just the general one?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VCox
Hi Wes

I sent them an email last night after reading Mrs Wes's post, so I hope I have the same luck as you! Bit worried about p*ssing them off by chasing progress, but too late now I've done it!

Will let you know if I hear anything. Hope you get your PPR soon, let us know when it comes!

V

PS Which email address did you use, just the general one?
Hi V.
I think we used this one <[email protected]>. However I'm at work and we sent the email from home. But I'm pretty sure this is the only email address we have used for them. Is this the same as yours?

W
Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Hi V.
I think we used this one <[email protected]>. However I'm at work and we sent the email from home. But I'm pretty sure this is the only email address we have used for them. Is this the same as yours?

W
Hi Wes

Yes, that's the one I used. I did it late last night and just used the one on the CIC website but was then wondering if the letter they sent me gave another address to use. (I lie in bed mulling everything over, husband thinks I'm getting obsessed with it all!)

Glad to see I'm not the only at work not doing any work

V
Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi Wes

Yes, that's the one I used. I did it late last night and just used the one on the CIC website but was then wondering if the letter they sent me gave another address to use. (I lie in bed mulling everything over, husband thinks I'm getting obsessed with it all!)

V
Hi V
Since we embarked on this journey we have also become slightly obsessed! I spend most days dipping into this forum and Brits2Van Yahoo Group, not always contibuting but learning all sorts of surprising things about Canadian life, law and the process we are all going through. My wife is Canadian but many things are new to her too as she hasn't lived there for some time.

I suppose I should do some work and design something
Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:22 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Hi Wes

V

Get some work done you lazy sods!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Get some work done you lazy sods!!!!
Work, pah! Who needs it? Personally my time in the office is spent worrying over what may or may not be on the hall floor under the post box right about now...

We got home the other night to find two A4 enveloped face down, one white, one brown...unfortunately both from the estate agent. Am I the only one who gets those nervous butterflies as you approach your door in an evening, keys out, wondering if today might just be the day...

And yes, I am an e-cas addict as well. It's even got to the point that I phone home and check for messages just in case the CIC decided to call for some reason instead...

:scared:
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Work, pah! Who needs it? Personally my time in the office is spent worrying over what may or may not be on the hall floor under the post box right about now...

We got home the other night to find two A4 enveloped face down, one white, one brown...unfortunately both from the estate agent. Am I the only one who gets those nervous butterflies as you approach your door in an evening, keys out, wondering if today might just be the day...

And yes, I am an e-cas addict as well. It's even got to the point that I phone home and check for messages just in case the CIC decided to call for some reason instead...

:scared:

So glad it's not just me! I had a brown envelope waiting on the mat face down yesterday, got butterflies in my tummy...... but it was from the water company

No matter how hard I try I can't resist checking e-cas every day "just in case"! Nice to have the support of fellow obsessives on here though

V
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi V
Since we embarked on this journey we have also become slightly obsessed! I spend most days dipping into this forum and Brits2Van Yahoo Group, not always contibuting but learning all sorts of surprising things about Canadian life, law and the process we are all going through. My wife is Canadian but many things are new to her too as she hasn't lived there for some time.

I suppose I should do some work and design something

I'll check out the Yahoo Group, one of the few I've not been on yet! We're in the same position, my hubby is Canadian but has been here a while so a lot of it is new to us both aswell.

Sometimes I wonder what I'll fill my time with when all this is over and we're nicely settled into our life in Canada - I guess I'll have to find a hobby !

V
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

I'll check out the Yahoo Group, one of the few I've not been on yet! We're in the same position, my hubby is Canadian but has been here a while so a lot of it is new to us both aswell.

Sometimes I wonder what I'll fill my time with when all this is over and we're nicely settled into our life in Canada - I guess I'll have to find a hobby !

V
Here you go: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Brits2Vancouver/

I think we will be filling our days with skiing, hiking, biking, drinking Keith's IPA and living the great outdoors life.....

along with....

trying to get freelance design work, a credit rating, pass a driving test (even though I driven for 20 years), a no claims discount, a decent mortgage, a house, dealing with the guilt that my Mum won't see our boy and the one on the way that often and trying to stop my wife's Mum from smothering them because she hasn't seen them that much! Have I missed anything!!

Its all fun though!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

AAGGGHHHH the AGONY!!

We got home to find not 1, but 2 brown envelopes from the CIC! One from Mississauga, one from London. I eagerly tore them open to find:

A receipt for the ROLF, paid on the 26th of Feb telling me that the visa office has been notified

and

A letter from London confirming that they've received notification that the fee's been paid!

AARGGGHHH!! Where's the PPR??
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:22 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

God what an anti-climax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This waiting game is horrible!!
I'm sending you some Karma or better still have a beer
Good luck keep us up dated

Kelly
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

A letter from London confirming that they've received notification that the fee's been paid!

Not that we ever got Mr B's PPR (see posts passim), but from checking it all out on eCas later, it was a week to the day from us receiving the confirmation of payment receipt until PPR. Hang on in there, you may be closer than you think!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

AAGGGHHHH the AGONY!!

We got home to find not 1, but 2 brown envelopes from the CIC! One from Mississauga, one from London. I eagerly tore them open to find:

A receipt for the ROLF, paid on the 26th of Feb telling me that the visa office has been notified

and

That happened to us I was so excited I though it was it, I had started crying before i even opened it then i got so mad!! LOL I got my PPR 21 days after I recieved my reciept. Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.