Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Hamilton/Burlington Area???

Anyone in the Hamilton/Burlington Area???

Old Sep 22nd 2012, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone in the Hamilton/Burlington Area???

Well I am certainly willing to host it? Have lots of space.....on a farm!

Otherwise am happy to meet in a pub or something but can't really recommend anywhere as I don't really know the area!
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 1:49 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sammypeeps View Post
Well I am certainly willing to host it? Have lots of space.....on a farm!

Otherwise am happy to meet in a pub or something but can't really recommend anywhere as I don't really know the area!

In the past we have met at the poachers in Burlington. It worked well for a while, but I think some of the Hamilton folk struggled to get there.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 4:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I did indeed, Ms Clinique, but I think I could be the only one likely to come from Hamilton now so if you want to meet up at the Poachers I will try and find a way to get there. The majority of folk seem to be over Burlington way, it's probably easier for most people to get there.

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by siouxie View Post
I did indeed, Ms Clinique, but I think I could be the only one likely to come from Hamilton now so if you want to meet up at the Poachers I will try and find a way to get there. The majority of folk seem to be over Burlington way, it's probably easier for most people to get there.

I can pick you up from the GO station if that helps.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That would be awesome! Many thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:29 pm

That would be awesome! Many thanks
You can walk back

Only kidding. If someone want to organize it, I will gladly pick you up, and drop you back at the GO
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

So what is required to organize? Can we just set a day and time? The poachers seems as good a place as any?
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:20 pm
Banned

It would be great if all the 'newish' people to the area could come too, I know there are a few and it would be a way of connecting to others in the same boat.

Perhaps we could give a few alternative days before we set a date and see what works best for people - I can pretty much make it any day (thanks to Miss Clinique!) though a weekend rather than a weekday would be better for me.

What days work for you?
Old Sep 25th 2012, 11:42 pm

It would be great if all the 'newish' people to the area could come too, I know there are a few and it would be a way of connecting to others in the same boat.

Perhaps we could give a few alternative days before we set a date and see what works best for people - I can pretty much make it any day (thanks to Miss Clinique!) though a weekend rather than a weekday would be better for me.

What days work for you?
Have you put yourself forward to organize this meet up Siouxie?
Old Sep 26th 2012, 12:07 am
Banned

<whistles whilst sneaking out of the room>

Ummmm not exactly! I was just suggesting we find out what days people would prefer.. then we can decide on a date and take it from there.

Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:11 pm

<whistles whilst sneaking out of the room>

Ummmm not exactly! I was just suggesting we find out what days people would prefer.. then we can decide on a date and take it from there.

Siouxie. This thread has had over 900 views and not interest in a meet up. I dont think its going to happen.

PM me if you fancy a coffee/wine.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

UK_Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique View Post
Siouxie. This thread has had over 900 views and not interest in a meet up. I dont think its going to happen.

PM me if you fancy a coffee/wine.
Hey!

I'd be up for coffee/wine sometime! Sorry, I was keeping my eye out for a date that's why I hadn't posted yet.

I am in Mississauga and work Mon-Fri until 5.30.

Old Sep 26th 2012, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Me Too!!!