Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Hamilton/Burlington Area???

Anyone in the Hamilton/Burlington Area???

Old May 25th 2012, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Russell_Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in the Hamilton/Burlington Area???

Hi,

We are in the Hamilton, ON, area and are looking for other Brit expats to meet up with. We are looking for people that understand the difficulties of living in a foreign land. We are in our 30's and have two boys, 5 and 3. If there is anyone out there that would like to go for a beer or have a BBQ please contact.

Cheers
Old May 25th 2012, 2:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in the Hamilton/Burlington Area???

There are a fair few of us in the area and meet ups are arranged from time to time (you just missed one last Sunday). I am sure you will hear from others in the next few days

Keep an eye on the meet up calendar
Old May 25th 2012, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

madscots will become famous soon enoughmadscots will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Russell_Family
Hi,

We are in the Hamilton, ON, area and are looking for other Brit expats to meet up with. We are looking for people that understand the difficulties of living in a foreign land. We are in our 30's and have two boys, 5 and 3. If there is anyone out there that would like to go for a beer or have a BBQ please contact.

Cheers
Hi we are in Oakville so not too far from you, always looking for other families to meet up with. Give us a shout if you want to arrange something
Old May 25th 2012, 4:35 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooohh good, someone going to arrange another meet up? I got a bit sunburnt at the last one, waiting for people to turn up.
Old May 26th 2012, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Russell_Family
Hi,

Cheers
Whereabouts do you live in Hamilton? The missus lives there and I love the place so I'm often there (when I'm not away working anyway) - must actually meet some of you expat chaps when I'm back next time...
Old Jul 11th 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

My husband and I are moving to Carlisle in about 5 weeks!! Would be great to meet up with some other Brits!

We have been living in Nova Scotia for the past 4 years, so looking forward to a culture shock - for the better I hope!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 6:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle is lovely, my son's girlfriend lives there... but it is pretty 'open country' as far as I recall, great golf course there too.

We should arrange a meet up towards the end of August perhaps?

Old Jul 11th 2012, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

That would be fabulous!

We leave here the 20th August, will take a few days to drive there with all our gear, dogs etc - so the last weekend in August would work!!

Both my husband and I work with horses and I have taken on a position (which includes a house) to manage a new build equestrian facility that should be completed by the end of September.

I don't believe there will be much for me to do in the first month as the facility is still under construction, so will hopefully get the opportunity to get out and about and explore!

Very excited ... can't wait to get out of here
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

So we have arrived and settled into Carlisle, just outside Burlington and so far so good!!! Still getting over how lucky we are to have escaped from Nova Scotia with just minor physical and emotional scarring and are now onto Stage 2 of our Canadian adventure!!!!!

It is sooo different here from what we had become acustomed to in Nova Scotia...from the people we have met so far, to the countryside, the shopping, the food, the restaurants, the roads....just awesome. Maybe the novelty will wear off, who knows, but feels great to be free and no longer working in a job i didnt want, in a place I didnt want to be, with a mortgage I didnt want hanging round my neck!!!!

So if anyone in the area did want to meet up sometime that would be great!!!! Lets arrange something!!!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:33 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Oakville too, and meet-ups might be good
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Sammypeeps
So we have arrived and settled into Carlisle, just outside Burlington and so far so good!!! Still getting over how lucky we are to have escaped from Nova Scotia with just minor physical and emotional scarring and are now onto Stage 2 of our Canadian adventure!!!!!

It is sooo different here from what we had become acustomed to in Nova Scotia...from the people we have met so far, to the countryside, the shopping, the food, the restaurants, the roads....just awesome. Maybe the novelty will wear off, who knows, but feels great to be free and no longer working in a job i didnt want, in a place I didnt want to be, with a mortgage I didnt want hanging round my neck!!!!

So if anyone in the area did want to meet up sometime that would be great!!!! Lets arrange something!!!

We are just down the road from you. Lots of BE folk in Burlington, Oakville, and Hamilton.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:40 am
Banned

My son's girlfriends family lives in Carlisle, it's quite lovely around there. If you like golf the Dragons Fire Golf Club is supposed to be superb. http://www.dragonsfiregolf.com/

I live in Hamilton.

We should arrange a meet up before it gets too cold!

Who's up for it?

Old Sep 21st 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
My son's girlfriends family lives in Carlisle, it's quite lovely around there. If you like golf the Dragons Fire Golf Club is supposed to be superb. http://www.dragonsfiregolf.com/

I live in Hamilton.

We should arrange a meet up before it gets too cold!

Who's up for it?

I am
Old Sep 21st 2012, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Where would be a good place?? I am flexible on days/dates
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:36 pm

Does anyone feel like arranging a meet up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.