Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:57 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

Originally Posted by kate 17
Dear James,
You seem to be under the misapprehension that I have no friends. I have more friends than I can handle. I neglect people horribly,because unless people are really amusing I lose interest, all except for about 3 really close friends who I love no matter what.

I wonder what you would consider a healthier way to debate? while eating a salad perhaps?

You stick to reading those books and get back to me with your superior intellect....I'll look forward to it.

el richo ----- I don't know who Jo Brand is not being much for the telly,but yes, I'm not that fat, but the attitude could be me. I have always identified with Patsy from Ab Fab she's definitely like me.

What's a Brit doing with a Mexican handle?

scottandsel, You're a bit weird yourself girl, I like it. If my IQ is 17 then yours must be about the same.

The dinner was blahhhhhhhhhh ,but we had a nice walk, skimmed some stones in the lake and watched the sun set holding hands, wished we were on Glastonbury Tor instead, soon!

Don't we all, my dear, don't we all
Old Apr 30th 2010, 3:33 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
[/COLOR]

Don't we all, my dear, don't we all
haven't that put a starbucks or a chippy in the tower thing yet?
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

I can't stay.....busy, busy, busy,

However, I can't resist saying this. The biggest thing wrong with these boards, is that they are that they are over moderated! What can we do to complain about that? Who owns the site? I would certainly write them a letter.

The life is being sucked out of interactions by having to be too polite.You can see what's happening here, This board is not about Canada. It's becoming Canada. Too much, being concerned with treading on other peoples toes or offending them. Where is the fun, where is the vibrancy? Just like in Canada it's missing.

It seems to me, the moderators here, when ever they personally read something they don't like, get out the Hitler Mustache and start laying down the law about rules. The rules need to be bent a bit in my opinion.

Good one Kate.

I'm a very clever girl and I can tell the difference in being called a name in play and out and out viciousness from nutters, which does need to be moderated. I think most people can handle a bit of friendly name calling.

To sum up, I would enjoy this board a million times more if it was allowed to be more fun.

I don't know even why I'm bothering with this really. I do visit lots of boards where I can get my needs met for fun. It's just that I am going home to the UK so I can't help coming here for insights and stories of other experiences. It's my consuming interest at the moment.

Perhaps there should be a poll, about what people want,

Do you want fun?

or do you want strictly enforced rules?

Fun for me please.....

Now call me an idiot and see if I care!
Agree with all of it.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:58 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

...not being much for the telly...I have always identified with Patsy from Ab Fab she's definitely like me.
Is Patsy the one who resembles a washed-out old prostitute?

It's a play on The Devil. But you're clever, you knew that already

The dinner was blahhhhhhhhhh
Sorry to hear about your Blaah dinner too. Maybe the chef is too passive in his cooking. What did you have?

Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Dear James,
You seem to be under the misapprehension that I have no friends. I have more friends than I can handle. I neglect people horribly,because unless people are really amusing I lose interest, all except for about 3 really close friends who I love no matter what.

I wonder what you would consider a healthier way to debate? while eating a salad perhaps?

You stick to reading those books and get back to me with your superior intellect....I'll look forward to it.

el richo ----- I don't know who Jo Brand is not being much for the telly,but yes, I'm not that fat, but the attitude could be me. I have always identified with Patsy from Ab Fab she's definitely like me.

scottandsel, You're a bit weird yourself girl, I like it. If my IQ is 17 then yours must be about the same.

The dinner was blahhhhhhhhhh ,but we had a nice walk, skimmed some stones in the lake and watched the sun set holding hands, wished we were on Glastonbury Tor instead, soon!
You sound like a truely horrible person somewhere between veruca salt and George W Bush. If thats the way you treat friendship i would hate to be your enemy. Every post on every thread you have been negative to an extreme, you say you want to start debate yet you accuse people of personal attacks when they have views that differ from your own. I knew from the OP you would rear your head in this thread but even i was surprised by the extent that you have made this thread your own personal tool for attacking other members of the site.

Should the moderators do anything, its a very difficult choice between trying to keep the peace and allowing freedom of expression. Good luck on sorting this mess out.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:15 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear James,
I have more friends than I can handle....
How marvelous.. Is that them calling you now.?. Don't feel you have to hang around on my behalf...

I neglect people horribly,because unless people are really amusing I lose interest....
I'm sorry, what did you say, I wasn't really paying attention.?..

That may work. Or perhaps an adult education course on the merits of humility. I'm sure there must be something out there for you. Is debilitating arrogance covered by your health plan.?...

I've just finished reading The Outsider, Robert Smith did it...

I have always identified with Patsy from Ab Fab she's definitely like me.
Do you associate yourself with all drug addicted, promiscuous, addled old sluts or just the fictional ones.?..

I call foul here.!. I cannot be specific but I'm almost positive that you stole this particular retort from Alan Bennet.!..

Sounds like a wonderful evening. I had to make do with mince & onions & mashed potato, a bottle of Kieth's & knocking a quick one out in the shower before an early night.... Ahhh to be in Glastonbury eating a "Round Table" salad in the local pub whilst being stared at by middle aged Goths wearing pewter jewelry & carrying bags full of hand painted "resin" dragons, Healing crystals & breath mints....
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:16 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Remarks like this make me feel unfree to participate.

What I have a problem with is anyone who takes personal pops at people for expressing their views, or people who post in great sweeping generalisations as if their opinion is the only possible one thats right and that its impossible for anyone to have the temerity to disagree with their opinion. I also think it wise to give it some time here before leaping to any hasty conclusions.

It's obvious, that statement was aimed at me.
Dont flatter yourself, it wasnt; but thanks for playing.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 30th 2010 at 4:55 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:13 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who Jo Brand is not being much for the telly,but yes, I'm not that fat, but the attitude could be me. I have always identified with Patsy from Ab Fab she's definitely like me.
Now this intrigues me. Obviously, since you are on a superior intellectual plane to the rest of us, this piece of seeming illogic is so far above us that we miss its deeper meaning.

Could you explain to this poor confused poster, do you think, how you can profess not to know who Jo Brand is because you don't watch much TV, yet in the very next sentence you self-identify with a character from a TV show.

This may have been a genuine oversight on your part: in the social whirl that is your life I'm sure little things like whether or not you watch television are easy to confuse.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:39 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Now this intrigues me. Obviously, since you are on a superior intellectual plane to the rest of us, this piece of seeming illogic is so far above us that we miss its deeper meaning.

Could you explain to this poor confused poster, do you think, how you can profess not to know who Jo Brand is because you don't watch much TV, yet in the very next sentence you self-identify with a character from a TV show.

This may have been a genuine oversight on your part: in the social whirl that is your life I'm sure little things like whether or not you watch television are easy to confuse.
I wouldn't bother. Logic and rationality aren't things that kate has a grasp of. On one hand she wants intelligent debate, but ultimately fails to live up to her side of the bargain. She also wants witty banter, but seems neither clever or knowledgable enough to present anything better than a 17 year old could do (on evidence presented so far)

She also claims to be some jungian archetype extrovert, although why anyone want to conform to this kind of stereotype is beyond my comprehension. She is clearly an attention whore, still it's working cos here we are feeding her ego; not that it will do any good as she also seems to be deeply insecure, to the point of pretending not to care about receiving the validation she so desperately craves. This insecurity might extend to claims about spirituality as well - but not of the 'conformist' kind.

I still hope she sticks around and gets involved in debates about things that matter; though as the only thing that matters to her is her I suspect that is a forlorn hope.

Edit: I do actually quite like her, if just for the stirring things up thing. Though I do find her figjam'ness grating and would prefer it if she engaged with people without trolling them.

Last edited by Alan2005; Apr 30th 2010 at 4:46 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:41 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I wouldn't bother. Logic and rationality aren't things that kate has a grasp of. On one hand she wants intelligent debate, but ultimately fails to live up to her side of the bargain. She also wants witty banter, but seems neither clever or knowledgable enough to present anything better than a 17 year old could do.

She also claims to be some jungian archetype extrovert, although why anyone want to conform to this kind of stereotype is beyond my comprehension. She is clearly an attention whore, still it's working cos here we are feeding her ego; not that it will do any good as she also seems to be deeply insecure, to the point of pretending not to care about receiving the validation she so desperately craves. This insecurity might extend to claims about spirituality as well - but not of the 'conformist' kind.

I still hope she sticks around and gets involved in debates about things that matter; though as the only thing that matters to her is her I suspect that is a forlorn hope.
if you look at the MBTUK looks like she is off!
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:03 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I wouldn't bother. Logic and rationality aren't things that kate has a grasp of. On one hand she wants intelligent debate, but ultimately fails to live up to her side of the bargain. She also wants witty banter, but seems neither clever or knowledgable enough to present anything better than a 17 year old could do (on evidence presented so far)

Edit: I do actually quite like her, if just for the stirring things up thing. Though I do find her figjam'ness grating and would prefer it if she engaged with people without trolling them.
Oh, I quite agree (how boring of me not to disagree with you on principle to stir up controversy and debate...) - I was merely gently ribbing one of the less significant inconsistencies in the projected persona.

If she could actually engage in debate without descending to insult by the third paragraph it might make this place a bit more lively - we need a new injection of belligerence every now and then. I'm too much of a pedantic pompous ass to do it properly, so SWMBO keeps telling me, and others who did a fine job of ruffling feathers (Bazzzz springs to mind) pushed just that bit too hard and incurred the wrath of the moderators.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:06 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Bazzzz = Oink surely?
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:08 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Bazzzz = Oink surely?
nope
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
and others who did a fine job of ruffling feathers (Bazzzz springs to mind) pushed just that bit too hard and incurred the wrath of the moderators.
Bazzzz wasn't banned - he asked for his account to be deleted.

Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:09 pm
Magnificently Withering

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Bazzzz = Oink surely?
Nah - Oink's much too nice to be Bazzz, even when taking the p*ss.

Besides, I thought we'd established that Oink's version of Stoolbend is actually somewhere in north Kent - I seem to remember Bazzz was in Vancouver?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.