Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:12 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

Originally Posted by scottandsel
oh i dont "diss the zak" believe me! it'll be either that or i may be hitting the jd! wonder which is easier to weane off?
Hmm - the zak I think!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:15 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsel
so when does no1 kick in - soon as arriving or will it be a few weeks?

jus want to know so's i can start early with either the zak or jd, build it up in my system so hopefully 2 - 10 will just be a lovely hazy blurr
I found it hit me at 10 months in - If I had known it was coming I would have started the meds before!!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:32 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

actually i think i've prob had 1-8 already an i'm stickin at 8 til i get out of here, get to civilisation - ie canada, then i can thoroughly enjoy 9 an 10!
i managed only on vodka and wine ... too bloody expensive to enjoy in a blurr tho unfortunately, but hey ho roll on!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
Feel free to PM Sue.

Civility is too much to ask now is it? Your argument seems to be that incivility is a British trait?

A lot of british humour is based on denegration, we recognise that, but there comes a point where it puts people off feeling free to participate.
Its one thing for posters with history here to have a joke at each others expense (as long as its not really foul mouthed), its another to be jumped all over by a total stranger. Thats why we dont generally intervene in what seems to be banter unless there is a complaint and why its important to report posts that are truly abusive, otherwise we may see it as banter between people with previous history, rather than an unprovoked attack.

Seems some people want more moderation, some less... cant please all the people all the time, so as long as we try and be consistent and people know where they stand I dont see what else we can do.
Remarks like this make me feel unfree to participate.

What I have a problem with is anyone who takes personal pops at people for expressing their views, or people who post in great sweeping generalisations as if their opinion is the only possible one thats right and that its impossible for anyone to have the temerity to disagree with their opinion. I also think it wise to give it some time here before leaping to any hasty conclusions.

It's obvious, that statement was aimed at me. I post like that to stimulate debate with some dramatic licence thrown in because it's my personality. I'll admit I am different than a lot of people, but in real life, People appear to (you never know with Canadians) to think I'm a lot of fun and very easy to talk to. I'm not conventional is that such a crime? It certainly seems to be on here.

Statements such as, "I'm a very clever girl" are tongue in cheek and meant to
provoke fun and a bit of name calling.

How I get bored to tears at parties with everyone stood around being polite talking about the weather....I'm yawning just thinking about it.

There are other people in the world like me and they would recognise by reading my posts a chance to play I know because it happens on other boards. It's those sort of people I like.

Then there is the statement by you that in effect says, It's ok for posters with a history to be abusive, but we don't tolerate it from any one new.so that sets it up for a new poster to come along and not be able to defend themselves for controversial remarks. That then creates self righteous little cliques.

Why not be a bit more laid back with more of a sense of humour?

I can see it somewhat from your point of view,that you are being concienscous (sp) in doing your job. It's the less strictly moderated forums though that seem to have a lot more posters and that in turn brings in more advertising money.

I should just stick to business like enquiries and not get involved. I'm asking myself, "why are you bothering" is it worth it?

The answer is, I have no idea.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I shall paraphrase:
You couldn't debate yourself out of a paper bag. You never write more than one sentence and other people are supposed to figure out what your getting at!

Maybe you should be called Alan Thicke
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:09 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate 17

What I have a problem with is anyone who takes personal pops at people for expressing their views, or people who post in great sweeping generalisations as if their opinion is the only possible one thats right and that its impossible for anyone to have the temerity to disagree with their opinion. I also think it wise to give it some time here before leaping to any hasty conclusions.

It's obvious, that statement was aimed at me. I post like that to stimulate debate with some dramatic licence thrown in because it's my personality. I'll admit I am different than a lot of people, but in real life, People appear to (you never know with Canadians) to think I'm a lot of fun and very easy to talk to. I'm not conventional is that such a crime? It certainly seems to be on here.

How I get bored to tears at parties with everyone stood around being polite talking about the weather....I'm yawning just thinking about it.

There are other people in the world like me and they would recognise by reading my posts a chance to play I know because it happens on other boards. It's those sort of people I like.

Then there is the statement by you that in effect says, It's ok for posters with a history to be abusive, but we don't tolerate it from any one new.so that sets it up for a new poster to come along and not be able to defend themselves for controversial remarks. That then creates self righteous little cliques.

I can see it somewhat from your point of view,that you are being concienscous (sp) in doing your job. It's the less strictly moderated forums though that seem to have a lot more posters and that in turn brings in more advertising money.

I should just stick to business like enquiries and not get involved. I'm asking myself, "why are you bothering" is it worth it?

You obviously post on here because you like the attention.

If you were really that unhappy and unimpressed you'd walk away and not bother posting at all.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:09 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

You could try putting two sentences together in a coherent manner, that usually pays off with people. I don't actually think you are stupid and I suspect you are quite capable of posting ideas beyond 'look at me, look at me'. Why not try it?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:10 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Ninja'd!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JamesM

If you were really that unhappy and unimpressed you'd walk away and not bother posting at all.
Tis true that...Not so much that I want attention,but I like to be a catalyst for conversation. I do that at work and parties try to get people going thinking outside the box.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

You could try putting two sentences together in a coherent manner, that usually pays off with people. I don't actually think you are stupid and I suspect you are quite capable of posting ideas beyond 'look at me, look at me'. Why not try it?

hey, that's the bloody pot calling the kettle black
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:21 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You couldn't debate yourself out of a paper bag. You never write more than one sentence and other people are supposed to figure out what your getting at!

Maybe you should be called Alan Thicke
Thank you, you've made my afternoon.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oink
Thank you, you've made my afternoon.
You[re welcome
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:26 pm

Tis true that...Not so much that I want attention,but I like to be a catalyst for conversation. I do that at work and parties try to get people going thinking outside the box.
I this.., I that..., me, me, me.
You do seem to have a major blind spot with this aspect of your personality. If you are wondering why people dismiss your opinions on here, it's because you come across like an attention seeking school girl.

hey, that's the bloody pot calling the kettle black
Ho hum.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

I this.., I that..., me, me, me.
You do seem to have a major blind spot with this aspect of your personality. If you are wondering why people dismiss your opinions on here, it's because you come across like an attention seeking school girl.

Ho hum.
Yes, but I get challenged so much I have to defend myself. It's the way I say things!

Let's talk about you then, what makes you thick.....sorry I mean tick?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:38 pm

Yes, but I get challenged so much I have to defend myself. It's the way I say things!

Let's talk about you then, what makes you thick.....sorry I mean tick?
Debating with self obsessed women who have ADHD.

(I've been impressed with your rapier like wit so far. The thick/tick play on words seen above was particularly clever; for a brief moment I though I was replying to a post made by oscar wilde.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.