Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:22 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

Originally Posted by dgjamison
"without being attacked" that expression was said to me by people who are afraid to say anything on this forum for fear of being well attacked verbably because things are not working for them. I thought the expat set up was to help people who need encourgement, or advise, I find that is not the case in many cases here, if someone says things are not working out I really find a lot of sneering and unhelpful remarks flying between the dedicated few here. I don't think I am alone in my thinking. If you check the other forum, returning to the uk, they are so supportive of each other, even for those that returned to the country they left, it is heart warming, that is what this should be all about, If you find me hypocritical there is nothing I can do about that, this is me warts and all
I think you're confused on this one.

It seems you're unable to differentiate between replies that are given to plain, and quite frankly, uneducated, blanket generalisations without substance, and replies that are given to informed, localised, and contain ostensive definition.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:35 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Mods - is this thread in the correct forum?

From the title it appears it should be in the Italy forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canda

I think I would be quite happy there, though with a population of 958 it looks rather quiet.
beat me to it.... dam you!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:42 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I think I need some of those pills this week.

Recent life events have caught up with me I think

Good to hear you are feeling better though
I'm with you on this one, still hoping the warmer weather will bring me out of the doom and gloom feeling, if not, then off to the quacks I go.

Someone mentioned the White Cliffs of Dover at work t'other day, asking if it was really a 'thing', that questioned transported me back to many a summer holiday and promptly sent me to tears.

I really thought if I was going to get homesick I would have done so in the 1st year or so, not 5 years later
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

I can't stay.....busy, busy, busy,

However, I can't resist saying this. The biggest thing wrong with these boards, is that they are that they are over moderated! What can we do to complain about that? Who owns the site? I would certainly write them a letter.

The life is being sucked out of interactions by having to be too polite.You can see what's happening here, This board is not about Canada. It's becoming Canada. Too much, being concerned with treading on other peoples toes or offending them. Where is the fun, where is the vibrancy? Just like in Canada it's missing.

It seems to me, the moderators here, when ever they personally read something they don't like, get out the Hitler Mustache and start laying down the law about rules. The rules need to be bent a bit in my opinion.

I'm a very clever girl and I can tell the difference in being called a name in play and out and out viciousness from nutters, which does need to be moderated. I think most people can handle a bit of friendly name calling.

To sum up, I would enjoy this board a million times more if it was allowed to be more fun.

I don't know even why I'm bothering with this really. I do visit lots of boards where I can get my needs met for fun. It's just that I am going home to the UK so I can't help coming here for insights and stories of other experiences. It's my consuming interest at the moment.

Perhaps there should be a poll, about what people want,

Do you want fun?

or do you want strictly enforced rules?

Fun for me please.....

Now call me an idiot and see if I care!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I'm with you on this one, still hoping the warmer weather will bring me out of the doom and gloom feeling, if not, then off to the quacks I go.

Someone mentioned the White Cliffs of Dover at work t'other day, asking if it was really a 'thing', that questioned transported me back to many a summer holiday and promptly sent me to tears.

I really thought if I was going to get homesick I would have done so in the 1st year or so, not 5 years later
Hope you pick up soon PP the sunshine really helps eh xx
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate 17

However, I can't resist saying this. The biggest thing wrong with these boards, is that they are that they are over moderated! What can we do to complain about that? Who owns the site? I would certainly write them a letter.

The life is being sucked out of interactions by having to be too polite.You can see what's happening here, This board is not about Canada. It's becoming Canada. Too much, being concerned with treading on other peoples toes or offending them. Where is the fun, where is the vibrancy? Just like in Canada it's missing.

It seems to me, the moderators here, when ever they personally read something they don't like, get out the Hitler Mustache and start laying down the law about rules. The rules need to be bent a bit in my opinion.

I'm a very clever girl and I can tell the difference in being called a name in play and out and out viciousness from nutters, which does need to be moderated. I think most people can handle a bit of friendly name calling.

To sum up, I would enjoy this board a million times more if it was allowed to be more fun.

I don't know even why I'm bothering with this really. I do visit lots of boards where I can get my needs met for fun. It's just that I am going home to the UK so I can't help coming here for insights and stories of other experiences. It's my consuming interest at the moment.

Do you want fun?

Fun for me please.....

Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:13 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want fun?

Fun for me please.....

It's all about the context. The written word can easily be misconstrued, you silly cow.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
It's all about the context. The written word can easily be misconstrued, you silly cow.
Less of the 'cow' if you don't mind.......it's all about sensibilities innit....
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:22 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh the white cliffs of Dover, how many times have I walked along those.

Hope you pick up soon, perhaps some warm sunshine will help us
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:24 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Feel free to PM Sue.

Civility is too much to ask now is it? Your argument seems to be that incivility is a British trait?

A lot of british humour is based on denegration, we recognise that, but there comes a point where it puts people off feeling free to participate.
Its one thing for posters with history here to have a joke at each others expense (as long as its not really foul mouthed), its another to be jumped all over by a total stranger. Thats why we dont generally intervene in what seems to be banter unless there is a complaint and why its important to report posts that are truly abusive, otherwise we may see it as banter between people with previous history, rather than an unprovoked attack.

Seems some people want more moderation, some less... cant please all the people all the time, so as long as we try and be consistent and people know where they stand I dont see what else we can do.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 29th 2010 at 2:27 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:30 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Hope you pick up soon PP the sunshine really helps eh xx
Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Ahh the white cliffs of Dover, how many times have I walked along those.

Hope you pick up soon, perhaps some warm sunshine will help us
Thank you both. Miss Clinique, I'm sure the warmer weather and the country opening on May 1st will help both of us 'pick up'. Mind you with the snow and wind today, I would much rather be snuggling back up into bed than having to get ready for work and trying to sell shorts and capris
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:31 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dgjamison
anyone who is not happy in canada, please feel free to express your feelings, we have been there and done it and we will not attack you. Your views are very much important to us so please feel free to express yourself without being attacked
are yu writing a book or something? i'm not being sarcy just interested
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:41 pm
Beep

Thank you both. Miss Clinique, I'm sure the warmer weather and the country opening on May 1st will help both of us 'pick up'. Mind you with the snow and wind today, I would much rather be snuggling back up into bed than having to get ready for work and trying to sell shorts and capris
For some reason i'm picturing a store full of these

Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:11 pm

I can understand that Whatever possessed you to buy shorts like that????
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Same here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.