Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

anyone experienced Lufthansa or BMI?

anyone experienced Lufthansa or BMI?

Old May 29th 2011, 11:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone experienced Lufthansa or BMI?

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
In the grander scheme of things a few hundred bucks is not worth my self respect.
It's airline travel, it's degrading. I don't think it would be very much less degrading if you took the Concorde. It's still about shuffling around in your socks and wishing the person in front had less stuff and could undress more quickly. Drugs help but, ultimately, airlines, procotologists, life's nasty little rituals.
Old May 29th 2011, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh? You think that Fokker make or made an aircraft "almost identical" to a 747? Or just that there is a remnant of Fokker within Boeing still not yet redundant?

But back on track. LH is my airline of choice for transatlantic fights but, as has been mentioned, unless you're going to Frankfurt, it'll probably be a co-listed AC or BA operated flight in reality.
It was a Fokker 50 and an airbus 380-600 series that we flew on. And they both beared the Lufthansa logo. Good airline to fly with much better than CA/TC. The said plane was going to be revamped back in the 90s, with Smiths aerospaces dislikes about the wing design. I don't know what happened after that because I moved to another job.
Old May 29th 2011, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lmartin999
So I guess I won't call you a little dicked imbecile? (Not that I would).

Of course there is also your offensive location and signature.

I don't see you sticking around too long. Lets hope the same applies to you being allowed into Canada.
Wanna bet? I come and go through cyber space as and when I please.

Location offensive to who? And why would you think that my signature is offensive?

The other thread has now been closed so be a jolly good fellow and move on. I'm trying to move on but I'm beng pestered by the likes of people like you who are trying to wind me up and turn this thread into the same dead end the other one ended up in.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:36 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojovibe
Location offensive to who?
Whom, innit?

I'd say it's offensive because it's a failed racial insult. Surely, if the county (or whatever they call administrative pieces of the north) were to be annexed to brown people, they'd call it Yorkistan, not Yorkshirestan. I'm less concerned by the racism, odious that it is, than by the disrespect for language. Nonethless, it's offensive to me, and I think, to people in Canada generally.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:42 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The flight to Toronto was on a Fokker, almost brand new and identicle to a 747.
It was a Fokker 50 and an airbus 380-600 series that we flew on. And they both beared the Lufthansa logo.
So actually you took a short haul flight on a Fokker 50 and flew transatlantic on an A380?

Perhaps you need grammar and logic lessons?
Old May 30th 2011, 12:43 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Whom, innit?

I'd say it's offensive because it's a failed racial insult. Surely, if the county (or whatever they call administrative pieces of the north) were to be annexed to brown people, they'd call it Yorkistan, not Yorkshirestan. I'm less concerned by the racism, odious that it is, than by the disrespect for language. Nonethless, it's offensive to me, and I think, to people in Canada generally.
Thanks. Saves me the trouble of replying. Its kind of a shame you even have to explain why it is offensive. I remain concerned by the racism and hope this poster never gets to peddle his vile views in Canada. In this I am entirely serious.

As for the signature, you don't think calling your fellow posters "pondlife" is offensive (albeit on a wholly different level). I will leave the decision about this to the admins. With regard to the other, hopefully CIC will see sense.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:45 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Wanna bet? I come and go through cyber space as and when I please.

Location offensive to who? And why would you think that my signature is offensive?

The other thread has now been closed so be a jolly good fellow and move on. I'm trying to move on but I'm beng pestered by the likes of people like you who are trying to wind me up and turn this thread into the same dead end the other one ended up in.
Just to be clear I am not trying to wind you up. I think your views are nasty, racist, sexist and offensive - but I have no interest in how you react.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:46 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's airline travel, it's degrading. I don't think it would be very much less degrading if you took the Concorde. It's still about shuffling around in your socks and wishing the person in front had less stuff and could undress more quickly. Drugs help but, ultimately, airlines, procotologists, life's nasty little rituals.
Your mention of the Concorde is interesting. I once had that experience and despite the desperate efforts of everyone involved to claim that we were immensely privileged to be aboard, it was very cramped (although remarkably brief).
Old May 30th 2011, 12:51 am

Your mention of the Concorde is interesting. I once had that experience and despite the desperate efforts of everyone involved to claim that we were immensely privileged to be aboard, it was very cramped (although remarkably brief).
Nice

I bet they had trolley dollies!
Old May 30th 2011, 12:53 am
Assimilated Pauper

I narrowly missed a company party that involved one of the last flights. It was slightly absurd in that the party started in London so people attending from Canada first had to fly there then, in the name of fun, come nearly back again. Ah well, come the next supersonic airliner and the next internet bubble, the chance will come again.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:58 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Nice

I bet they had trolley dollies!
Quite nice to be able to do it.

But a year after that I came back to work in Canada.

Oh dear.
Old May 30th 2011, 1:08 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I got to go on a Concorde. Sadly it was only a school trip and the plane didn't leave the ground. It was still cool though but I got into trouble from the teacher because I asked the cabin guide lady if I could take a "shit".
Old May 30th 2011, 1:13 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Oink
I got to go on a Concorde. Sadly it was only a school trip and the plane didn't leave the ground. It was still cool though but I got into trouble from the teacher because I asked the cabin guide lady if I could take a "shit".
Then at least you'll agree it was cramped. IIRC I didn't try the personal evacuation facilities, but I bet they were cramped too.
Old May 30th 2011, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

pTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Oink
Duxford Imperial War Museum?

I experienced the crampedness of the Concorde from the Prototype there.
Old May 30th 2011, 1:17 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

It was a Fokker 50 and an airbus 380-600 series that we flew on. And they both beared the Lufthansa logo. Good airline to fly with much better than CA/TC. The said plane was going to be revamped back in the 90s, with Smiths aerospaces dislikes about the wing design. I don't know what happened after that because I moved to another job.
How is a Fokker 50, twin engine turbo prop identicle (oops identical) to a 74, four engine turbofan?

With your limited understanding of aviation, I would say moving jobs was probably a good decision if the job you left was in aviation.

Last edited by Aviator; May 30th 2011 at 1:23 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.