Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone enjoying their new life in Canada?

Anyone enjoying their new life in Canada?

Old May 21st 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Exilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone enjoying their new life in Canada?

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
There is assimilation and going native but some things can be taken too far....have they no standards?
No standards and no taste either by the look of things!
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Exilelass
Yup, Hunting, Ice Hockey, kayaking and standing in the driveway on a Saturday afternoon drinking Coors or Molson with two or three other couples and discussing whatever.

Happy as sandboys they are, and good luck to them.
Sounds like fun to me! (Though no-one I know actually drinks Coors!)

However:

Maybe they like to play the piano - like my wife and daughter on their 100 year old restored Canadian made Heintzman!
Maybe they enjoy many of the fine Canadian wines -probably better than anything made in the UK!
Possibly they like to garden, grow their own veggies, or go to an equestrian arena and learn dressage.
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:36 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Exilelass
Yup, Hunting, Ice Hockey, kayaking and standing in the driveway on a Saturday afternoon drinking Coors or Molson with two or three other couples and discussing whatever.

Happy as sandboys they are, and good luck to them.
Absolutely sounds like our place
Old May 22nd 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michelle101
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is just my cold feet but just been reading a few threads on the forum and they seem to be very negative.

We've just got our PR through, OH just got redundancy (just at the right time for us) and we sold our house this weekend in 48 hours, for over the asking price. Everything seems to be falling into place apart from the abysmal exchange rate.

We have a very good life in the UK and are going to Canada for an adventure with a view to returning in 12 months if we want to, or maybe we'll stay. We have a daughter (8) and we're heading for the north shore of vancouver.

Some good experiences of Canadian life would be good to hear right now.

M.
So far so good for me. I work with loads of British expats and they're olverwhelmingly positive about life here too. I think it's fair to say that interweb forums in general attract more than their fair share of depressed or otherwise negative people.