Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else For Prince Edward Island

Wikiposts

Anyone Else For Prince Edward Island

Old Jul 7th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone Else For Prince Edward Island

Vi....PEI is a great place to live, we have always encounter great friendly people there. Always ready to help. It has a wonderful atmosphere and I am sure that if you have been there for any length of time then youhave been on the back roads and met and seen some great people. We had a great experience at the New London Lobster Supper....Did you go there? Summerside is in the middle of a building boom with all the new stores that are going up! Yep it is a great place to live.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:32 am
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone Else For Prince Edward Island

Originally Posted by Corky
Vi....PEI is a great place to live, we have always encounter great friendly people there. Always ready to help. It has a wonderful atmosphere and I am sure that if you have been there for any length of time then youhave been on the back roads and met and seen some great people. We had a great experience at the New London Lobster Supper....Did you go there? Summerside is in the middle of a building boom with all the new stores that are going up! Yep it is a great place to live.
Hi
Thanks for your comments and i'm sure we will enjoy living on the island..........cant wait'''' Vi
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Else For Prince Edward Island

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi Penny
Great to hear from you...thanks for getting in touch.
Yes we have been to the Island several times in fact we were there for 3 months last winter and even with atlantic storms and 12 feet of snow we loved it'''We have found the people to be very nice and when we told them we ere planning to live on the island they all offered their support and best wishes and have told us to get in touch as soon as we arrive.
Aplace is what you make it i guess.we plan to get involved in all aspects of island life.Coming from Scotland i look around and see just how much things have changed here ''the yob culture is out of control'' wih children showing no respect to adults ''their parents included'' i know that there are good kids around to but its the yobs that shout the loudest so you cant really avoid them.The peace and quiet of the island will be like a breath of fresh air.
We visited Cape Breton on our last trip to PEI is was an amazing place to really liked the people there.Where exactly do you hope to settle?and how fr along are you with the paperwork etc.?Would be great to keep in touch with you as we all wait for the start of our new life in Canada hope to hear from you again soon will give you my e-mail addy if you would like it. Luv. Vi.
Hi Vi
sorry to take so long to reply.
We have applied to NB on a business PNP.
We sent our business evaluation form on 5 May, and have been invited over for an interview on 28 July.
We fly out on 15 July for 2 weeks to explore the business oportunities, real estate etc, before our interview. Thats why I havn't been on the forum - too many things to arrange, not least leaving our business for others to run in our absence.
After a positive interview (grilling) :scared: we have to do a trip report and business plan.
Then NB decide if they would like to nominate us.
If we get that far the Feds send us for medical and do criminality checks.
And if we pass those............WE'RE IN!!!

The whole process should take about a year- so I'm told.
As I said we are off on Thursday for just over 2 weeks, so I won't be on the forum until I get back.
By the way you can send a personal message through the forum.
It took me a year to discover this, but then I'm not that bright (don't tell NB that).

Let you all know how it went on my return.

Pennyhp