Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else massively impressed in Canada?

Is anyone else massively impressed in Canada?

Old Jan 30th 2016, 1:39 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else massively impressed in Canada?

Originally Posted by Haylee32

Seriously, you guys are like a bunch of kids, we don't like her opinion so let's attack her.

I'm sorry I even posted here. For people who love outdoorsy Canada so much you sure spend a lot of time writing pointless crap on an Internet forum.

At least I've made the effort of going out and socializing last night.
Why do feel that you have to defend anything that you post or that you also write utter crap to what other posters write?

You as a BE poster are also very opinionated - makes the forums turn
Old Jan 30th 2016, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Haylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Why do feel that you have to defend anything that you post or that you also write utter crap to what other posters write?

You as a BE poster are also very opinionated - makes the forums turn
I'm just boggled because it's not like I posted about kicking puppies. I'm not really a poster here, I did come here a lot to read about immigration process but haven't posted until now. I guess hoping for a normal convo was rather naive of me. Instead I got angry replies and few mockery threads.

And this is from adult people, I suspect majority to be 40-60 years old. Yet the poster above was outraged that I care about nightlife at the age of 32. I guess I should be spending my nights on the internet trolling on a forum like the rest on here. Lol
Old Jan 30th 2016, 2:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
My final comment is directly to you- I will speak for myself, not generalise like you seem to all the time - no feathers ruffled, looking back through the posts, in not one post do you acknowledge that it may not just be the Canadians who are to blame for your lack of integration. It is them not you

Somewhat risibly is that you don't actually admit that you yourself haven't integrated into the population or indeed made any attempt to do so. Everyone should mould themselves to your ideal whatever that preconceived ideal might be. We are all initially strangers in a foreign land-it takes a lot of effort to truly make a go of it. From what it sounds, you really couldn't be arsed. " Be what I want you to be or be damned"

You are 32 FFS, not a teenager and I find it quite sad that you are seemingly roaming the globe, trying to party until the morning getting drunk and in the process snarling at your surroundings because basically everything and everyone just pisses you off.

You then have the audacity to repeatedly whinge about people insulting you when you have in your characteristic generalisations insulted 99% of the population including a considerable number of people on this forum who replied to a question that you originally asked. You take the effing biscuit. You made your choice, you made the wrong one now just move on but before you do, don't think for one minute that the majority of immigrants to Canada think that they made the wrong choice and are too scared to action their"mistake"- you make one big almighty error in thinking that.

Yes, you get the predictable few wits on here who comment and pass smart remark but the majority of these wits still live here, living very comfortably thank you very much. Those that have left comment for the sake of it totally predictably extolling the virtues of complete sh!tholes in the UK which I have personally visited and would never want to do so again.
People do make the wrong decisions but at least they tried and I admire them for that- you, not so much

"Anyway, each to their own"
Not insulting you, just a reality check.
If you weren't married, and I wasn't shacking up with my new man, I swear I'd marry you
Old Jan 30th 2016, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If you weren't married, and I wasn't shacking up with my new man, I swear I'd marry you
Get in line lady! Well said Stinkypup.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just boggled because it's not like I posted about kicking puppies. I'm not really a poster here, I did come here a lot to read about immigration process but haven't posted until now. I guess hoping for a normal convo was rather naive of me. Instead I got angry replies and few mockery threads.

And this is from adult people, I suspect majority to be 40-60 years old. Yet the poster above was outraged that I care about nightlife at the age of 32. I guess I should be spending my nights on the internet trolling on a forum like the rest on here. Lol
Old Jan 30th 2016, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point people have been trying to make and it's going right over your head is that sometimes you have to consider that it may be your attitude that is causing problems, it isn't always everyone else. Not liking the place is totally fine, finding it isn't what you thought it would be also fine. But labelling an entire nation as boring, is ridiculous and plainly immature.
You have received the response on here that you got because of the way you posted, and your total refusal to take any responsibility for why you have not integrated. Even your reaction to the responses is that it's them being unreasonable, it's never you.
I have never regretted our decision to move here, I love the space, nature, wildlife and the great friends that we have made. You clearly do regret it, so make the decision that's right for you as Stinkypup, myself and several other posters on here have made the decision that is right for us. I wish you every success in your new old life in the UK.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 3:16 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

As for the sh*t holes in UK, let me assure you I won't be coming back to one. I'm lucky to have a good education and good income and will go back to living in London (you know, the most vibrant expensive city in the world) comfortably.

Why do you need to wait until August if Toronto is working out so badly?
Old Jan 30th 2016, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Haylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond reputeHaylee32 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Why do you need to wait until August if Toronto is working out so badly?
Because I have few trips to the US booked for the next few months and the summer and I really want to go, also my condo lease
Old Jan 30th 2016, 3:29 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Because I have few trips to the US booked for the next few months and the summer and I really want to go, also my condo lease
Fair enough.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 4:26 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh what an angry post, I really ruffled some feathers.

First of all, I specified that it is my personal opinion and my point of view. And yes, overall to me Canadians seem boring but we all have different ideas of what fun is.

I don't like partying until morning hours and I have no idea where you got this information from, having said so, even if I did it is my choice and my right. Regardless of how old I am.

Second of all it seems that I have actually had many replies from people who did admit that moving to Canada was a mistake, did you miss that? Reread the other post.

As for the sh*t holes in UK, let me assure you I won't be coming back to one. I'm lucky to have a good education and good income and will go back to living in London (you know, the most vibrant expensive city in the world) comfortably.

And I'm 100% sure now your angry over emotional response was a result of me telling the truth. You know, whistle and the wolves will holla... People who are happy and content with a country they live in don't get so crazy insecure when someone says it's not for them.
What an arrogant post. You literally have no idea about the difference between your life and the life of the poster you responded to. If you did, you might be a little bit (or a lot actually) circumspect in telling him that he's clearly unhappy with his lot. Again with "telling the truth" your experience here is yours and yours alone, it does not make it a universal truth. I suspect the only one who's crazy insecure in this thread is you with your need to slate those who disagree with your generalizations and to point how well off and comfortable you'll be in London.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 6:30 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

As for the sh*t holes in UK,let me assure you I won't be coming back to one. I'm lucky to have a good education and good income and will go back to living in London (you know, the most vibrant expensive city in the world) comfortably.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 6:35 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh what an angry post, I really ruffled some feathers.

First of all, I specified that it is my personal opinion and my point of view. And yes, overall to me Canadians seem boring but we all have different ideas of what fun is.

I don't like partying until morning hours and I have no idea where you got this information from, having said so, even if I did it is my choice and my right. Regardless of how old I am.

Second of all it seems that I have actually had many replies from people who did admit that moving to Canada was a mistake, did you miss that? Reread the other post.

And I'm 100% sure now your angry over emotional response was a result of me telling the truth. You know, whistle and the wolves will holla... People who are happy and content with a country they live in don't get so crazy insecure when someone says it's not for them.

The reason a lot of them are so defensive is that they've come over here for pecuniary gain or to run away from emotional or psychological problems in the UK and in a lot of cases they've subjected their children to their folly, now they have to justify it somehow. Its a bit like the situation in a totalitarian state, they can bang on about badgers, mooses or sasquatches all they like but they all know the house of cards the situation is built on is rubbish but no one can say anything against it or it will all fall down. Unfortunately you're the Free Syrian Army to their Assad regime.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 6:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink

The reason a lot of them are so defensive is that they've come over here for pecuniary gain or to run away from emotional or psychological problems in the UK and in a lot of cases they've subjected their children to their folly, now they have to justify it somehow. Its a bit like the situation in a totalitarian state, they can bang on about badgers, mooses or sasquatches all they like but they all know the house of cards the situation is built on is rubbish but no one can say anything against it or it will all fall down. Unfortunately you're the Free Syrian Army to their Assad regime.

Oink, I award you the Order of the Wooden Spoon.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

markhelen will become famous soon enough

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markhelen
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Hey!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.