British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-else-massively-disappointed-canada-871359/)

Stinkypup Jan 29th 2016 1:53 am

Re: Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11852345)
Mayhap we should start a thread "Is anyone else massively appreciative of Canada?"

:lol:

Well you won't see me chipping in on that one... No chance:sneaky:

R I C H Jan 29th 2016 2:09 am

Mayhap we should start a thread "Is anyone else massively appreciative of Canada?"

I guess you'd have to be emigrating with the expectation to be massively disappointed to start with. That might help.

Stinkypup Jan 29th 2016 2:47 am

Yeah- it is called the majority of posts in the Canniversary forum:cool:

Siouxie Jan 29th 2016 2:59 am

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 11852369)
I guess you'd have to be emigrating with the expectation to be massively disappointed to start with. That might help.

I think some of them do!

:)

Stinkypup Jan 29th 2016 7:21 am

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Shakyuk (Post 11851555)
I do appreciate the poster for posting her view. Contrasting views help those of us considering the move and highlight things we may not like. However I was finding it quite depressing to read!

Then I read what you wrote. What a beautiful life you must lead, I'm envious! Thank you for writing this as it brought back all of the excitement I lost while reading through all of these pages!

Whilst I like most enjoy cities for a day, the thought of living in one for me is horrible. I have visited London and whilst I enjoyed the visits, I am definitely happy I don't life there.
The thought of seeing all that wildlife and being so close to the mountains and wilderness sounds great to me!

Just to draw you over- you do need a job here which isnt always easy but some visitors to our garden . Snoop and I share a kennel in case you may not have sussed:cool: I take the snaps of the critters usually

The sandier/redder coloured black bear in the 2nd and last photo helped clean up the garden clippings- I was out there but saw her coming up from the lake through the edge of the neighbouring prov park, the middle darker one was sat on a garden pergola about 7 feet off the ground happily scoffing our grapes. They visited about a month apart.

The eagle.. well, what can one say? just a beautiful bird at the top of one of our trees.
Probably boring as crap to the likes of numerous posters within the thread- How the hell could we want to spend more than 7 years in such a beautiful place? Everyone needs to find what they like- certainly for the foreseeable future we are staying put and loving it here in our little patch of Canadian paradise- :cool:

BristolUK Jan 29th 2016 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 11852546)
...the middle darker one was sat on a garden pergola about 7 feet off the ground happily scoffing our grapes...

Did it bruin your chances of making some wine?

Tirytory Jan 29th 2016 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 11852546)
Just to draw you over- you do need a job here which isnt always easy but some visitors to our garden . Snoop and I share a kennel in case you may not have sussed:cool: I take the snaps of the critters usually

The sandier/redder coloured black bear in the 2nd and last photo helped clean up the garden clippings- I was out there but saw her coming up from the lake through the edge of the neighbouring prov park, the middle darker one was sat on a garden pergola about 7 feet off the ground happily scoffing our grapes. They visited about a month apart.

The eagle.. well, what can one say? just a beautiful bird at the top of one of our trees.
Probably boring as crap to the likes of numerous posters within the thread- How the hell could we want to spend more than 7 years in such a beautiful place? Everyone needs to find what they like- certainly for the foreseeable future we are staying put and loving it here in our little patch of Canadian paradise- :cool:

I love your pictures!

Stinkypup Jan 29th 2016 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11852729)
I love your pictures!

Aww :thumbup:

Oink Jan 29th 2016 3:38 pm

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11852729)
I love your pictures!

In the interests of a balanced perspective. :)

snoopdawg Jan 29th 2016 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11852904)

Be fair!
The Sears toilet is being renovated and improved by Nordstrom
Even Canadians recognise shit architecture ( sometimes;) )

JamesM Jan 29th 2016 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 11852369)

You'd have to wait till their children could give them an honest answer. After all that is who most people move for.

snoopdawg Jan 29th 2016 3:51 pm

Actually I suppose it should Americans recognizing Canadian shit architecture!!!!

Oink Jan 29th 2016 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by snoopdawg (Post 11852913)
Be fair!
The Sears toilet is being renovated and improved by Nordstrom
Even Canadians recognise shit architecture ( sometimes;) )

But that ugly electrical spaghetti that blights the city is still here. For naffs sake, that technology was phased out in the 1950s in the UK.

Stinkypup Jan 29th 2016 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11852904)

:thumbup:
But I'm sure that there is a cougar in the third picture

And now show a few nice views from your boat on a sunny glorious blue sky BC day to balance your balance:cool:

I'm sure that is Wolverhampton shopping arcade in the last phto

Stinkypup Jan 29th 2016 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11852924)
But that ugly electrical spaghetti that blights the city is still here. For naffs sake, that technology was phased out in the 1950s in the UK.

That is tram cabling isn't it?? All the rage again in Manchester, Bolton Bury and other towns and cities again- Trams are de rigeur again!