Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Barrie?

Anyone from Barrie?

Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:47 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from Barrie?

The strip around georgian Bay from Wasaga to Thornbury and including Collingwood is The Georgian Triangle.

the Ski hills are part of the town of the blue Mountain, not Collingwood, and the Civic Centre is in Thornbury(Yesterday's globe, page G7)

Each area have their own identity, TBM being the most expensive and catering to Weekenders and retirees, million $ homes are not unusual.

Full time residants of TGT are about 50,000, Annual Visitors are slated for 2,000,000.

Collingwood has an annual Elvis Festival that draws people in from all over.

I am not a fan of the Beach, it has grown too fast and traffic is a problem, long weekends in the summer, you can't even get on the beach, which is the largest freshwater one in the world.

Too busy.

http://www.lorabay.com

http://www.bluemountain.ca/village_quickfacts.htm
Old Nov 18th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

sandgrounder 07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howard1944
The strip around georgian Bay from Wasaga to Thornbury and including Collingwood is The Georgian Triangle.

the Ski hills are part of the town of the blue Mountain, not Collingwood, and the Civic Centre is in Thornbury(Yesterday's globe, page G7)

Each area have their own identity, TBM being the most expensive and catering to Weekenders and retirees, million $ homes are not unusual.

Full time residants of TGT are about 50,000, Annual Visitors are slated for 2,000,000.

Collingwood has an annual Elvis Festival that draws people in from all over.

I am not a fan of the Beach, it has grown too fast and traffic is a problem, long weekends in the summer, you can't even get on the beach, which is the largest freshwater one in the world.

Too busy.

http://www.lorabay.com

http://www.bluemountain.ca/village_quickfacts.htm
thanks for all the info!

cheers
Old Nov 24th 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

sandgrounder 07 is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone else from Barrie out there???

please come talk to me
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

JHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really niceJHJarvie is just really nice

H sandgrounder,
We are in the same boat as you, we are moving to Barrie area late Jan/Early Feb 08, very excited about the move, going to rent for a spell, spend a while having a good look round before deciding exactly which part to move to. We loved Wasaga and a few of the surrounding towns, but a bit nervous by our inibility to choose somewhwere to settle prior to the big move date!
Both my wife and I are thinking of moving into a new career field but I suppose the financial situation over the first 6 months may say otherwise.
Hows the nerves at this stage?
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

I know a really good realtor in Barrie. Even though we didn't use him in the end due to going for a new development i still keep in contact with him. I will warn you know there is rarely much available for rental in Barrie, house wise that was the case when we were looking anyway.

All the best

Chris
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:08 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cneldred
I will warn you know there is rarely much available for rental in Barrie, house wise that was the case when we were looking anyway.

All the best

Chris
Only cause you were looking for a 15bedroom mansion Chris LOL

steve
Old Dec 21st 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

4 bedroom actually Steve.... don't pick on me today. Found out from builders earlier that the delayed completion for 2 months. Really hacked off.

Pick on me tomorrow instead.

Chris
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:34 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

4 bedroom actually Steve.... don't pick on me today. Found out from builders earlier that the delayed completion for 2 months. Really hacked off.

Pick on me tomorrow instead.

Chris
Oh no whats going to happen with your rental can you keep it longer?

Steve
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

there lies the problem, big tent and your backyard are looking like possiblities at the moment.

Chris
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:54 pm
spring is coming yeha

there lies the problem, big tent and your backyard are looking like possiblities at the moment.

Chris
hmmm is it a 15 room tent?? all joking aside if you do need somewhere to stay then give us a shout we have the room and it wouldn't be a problem

regards

steve
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sure we will bump into you and cj in town in the next week or so, we have moved into the house next door until the 27th December. I haven't a clue what we are going to do for the extra 2 months, but i refuse to let it spoil Christmas, we will worry about it later. Speak soon.

Chris