Anyone applied to London May 02

Anyone applied to London May 02

Old Aug 30th 2002, 9:41 pm
MJA
Just Joined

MJA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone applied to London May 02

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone applied to London in May 02 or onwards and if so, once you hear of anything apart from a file number, could you post an update? I know you can't really compare and every case is different etc, but the waiting seems so long. According to reports, it could take up to 12 months to hear anything more under the new system, so I know we have to be patient.

We received our file number in July almost 3 months after app submission (beg of May).

MJA
Old Aug 31st 2002, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone applied to London May 02

Yes, you're right, it would be nice to hear something and yes, the waiting is killing us.
Applied July 01/AOR Sept 01 and still waiting.

Originally posted by MJA:
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone applied to London in May 02 or onwards and if so, once you hear of anything apart from a file number, could you post an update? I know you can't really compare and every case is different etc, but the waiting seems so long. According to reports, it could take up to 12 months to hear anything more under the new system, so I know we have to be patient.

We received our file number in July almost 3 months after app submission (beg of May).

MJA
Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:38 pm
jap
Forum Regular

jap is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

MJA
We applied march got file no.April.
I've been asking same questions as yourself.
I have been told average 15months until interview.
This is because of current backlog caused by change in points system.
Anyway Goodluck!
Old Sep 1st 2002, 12:09 am
MJA
Just Joined

Originally posted by jap:
We applied march got file no.April.
I've been asking same questions as yourself.
I have been told average 15months until interview.
This is because of current backlog caused by change in points system.
Anyway Goodluck!
Good to hear from people waiting for London - Smokey, I think you are on to a good thing as I think if your app is refused, they don't take that long to contact you. Jap, our timelines are v close so we are right in the middle of the new system for better or for worse!

Good luck to you all - will post any news. Where are you headed if successful? We are hoping to go to the suburbs of Toronto.

MJA
Old Sep 1st 2002, 7:57 am
jap
Forum Regular

jap is an unknown quantity at this point

MJA
It's Cowtown for us (Calgary).
Jap.
Old Sep 1st 2002, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road

Good to hear from people waiting for London - Smokey, I think you are on to a good thing as I think if your app is refused, they don't take that long to contact you. Jap, our timelines are v close so we are right in the middle of the new system for better or for worse!

Good luck to you all - will post any news. Where are you headed if successful? We are hoping to go to the suburbs of Toronto.

MJA
Saskatoon. I don't however think we're going to make it. If it takes 2-3 months upon receipt of an interview notification and our BF is 31-12-02 I find it highly unlikely we'll be assessed under the old rules and will therefore be rejected. The only reason we haven't withdrawn our application is in hope of a refund when the proverbial hits the fan in March03.
Old Sep 1st 2002, 11:35 am
Andrew

hello!

i sent my application down to london in august. Received my aor 8days later on the
21st August but have had nothing since. It sounds like someone was actually in the
office for a week in august because there was a spurt of people receiving
things...but that has now stopped!!

rrrrrrddfdffggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!! "MJA" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:401713.1030743668@briti-
shexpats.com
    > Hi all,
    > Just wanted to know if anyone applied to London in May 02 or onwards and if so,
    > once you hear of anything apart from a file number, could you post an update? I
    > know you can't really compare and every case is different etc, but the waiting
    > seems so long. According to reports, it could take up to 12 months to hear
    > anything more under the new system, so I know we have to be patient.
    > We received our file number in July almost 3 months after app submission (beg
    > of May).
    > MJA
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 1st 2002, 12:03 pm
The Wizzard

i sent my section of a family class (spousal) application to CHC on July 24th and
haven't recieved an AOR or any word yet so they must be quite busy or backlogged
at the moment. Their last statment i heard from Canada News said they were trying
to get all the older applications from the old law sorted out by the end of
august, so maybe now it is september they will start to progress on the ones
submitted later this year. which suburb of Toronto are you headed for? my wife
lives in the suburbs of toronto so that is also where i am headed.(if i ever get a
visa hehe started off in April)

Drew

Old Sep 1st 2002, 4:40 pm
Pmm

Hi All

"Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
t
    > hello!
    > i sent my application down to london in august. Received my aor 8days
later
    > on the 21st August but have had nothing since. It sounds like someone was actually
    > in the office for a week in august because there was a spurt of people receiving
    > things...but that has now stopped!!
    > rrrrrrddfdffggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!! "MJA" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:401713.1030743668@bri-
    > tishexpats.com
    > >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Just wanted to know if anyone applied to London in May 02 or onwards and if so,
    > > once you hear of anything apart from a file number, could you post an update? I
    > > know you can't really compare and every case is different etc, but the waiting
    > > seems so long. According to reports, it could take up to 12 months to hear
    > > anything more under the new system, so I know we have to be patient.
    > >
    > > We received our file number in July almost 3 months after app submission (beg
    > > of May).

Not much happens in the overseas office during August and early Sept. These are the
months when the rotational staff changes happen. Old staff leaving for new postings
and new staff arriving. It takes a bit time to get the new staff up and running.

PMM
    > >
    > > MJA
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Old Sep 1st 2002, 8:19 pm
MJA
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pmm:
Hi All

"Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
t
    > hello!
    > i sent my application down to london in august. Received my aor 8days
later
    > on the 21st August but have had nothing since. It sounds like someone was actually
    > in the office for a week in august because there was a spurt of people receiving
    > things...but that has now stopped!!
    > rrrrrrddfdffggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!! "MJA" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:401713.1030743668@bri-
    > tishexpats.com
    > >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Just wanted to know if anyone applied to London in May 02 or onwards and if so,
    > > once you hear of anything apart from a file number, could you post an update? I
    > > know you can't really compare and every case is different etc, but the waiting
    > > seems so long. According to reports, it could take up to 12 months to hear
    > > anything more under the new system, so I know we have to be patient.
    > >
    > > We received our file number in July almost 3 months after app submission (beg
    > > of May).

Not much happens in the overseas office during August and early Sept. These are the
months when the rotational staff changes happen. Old staff leaving for new postings
and new staff arriving. It takes a bit time to get the new staff up and running.

PMM
    > >
    > > MJA
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >
Smokey - have you thought about getting your CAIPS notes? Some people seem to find it worthwhile. Hope you do get through. We were well over the points under the old system, but are on 72 under the new one......

Jap - we were over in October last year and went around Markham, Richmond Hill, and Mississauga. We liked all of those places, but Richmond Hill or Mississauga seemed like the best places for us. Since that time though house prices have gone crazy and Richmond Hill may be getting a bit pricey. We have kids and are living in London, so we want them to be able to still be able to access town without living right in the middle of it.

Is anyone else having problems in meeting the new points?

MJA
Old Sep 1st 2002, 8:21 pm
MJA
Just Joined

Smokey - have you thought about getting your CAIPS notes? Some people seem to find it worthwhile. Hope you do get through. We were well over the points under the old system, but are on 72 under the new one......

Jap - we were over in October last year and went around Markham, Richmond Hill, and Mississauga. We liked all of those places, but Richmond Hill or Mississauga seemed like the best places for us. Since that time though house prices have gone crazy and Richmond Hill may be getting a bit pricey. We have kids and are living in London, so we want them to be able to still be able to access town without living right in the middle of it.

Is anyone else having problems in meeting the new points?

MJA
Sorry! The bit about suburbs etc was for Wizzard. I'm still getting used to using this group!