British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anybody used uk2novascotia.com? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anybody-used-uk2novascotia-com-505587/)

j42 Jan 12th 2008 8:09 am

Anybody used uk2novascotia.com?

Had a chat with them last night and they seem really helpful.?

Lisa and Steve Jan 12th 2008 9:22 am

Re: Anybody used uk2novascotia.com?

Talking with them ourselves at the mo. Seem to have lots of contacts in NS. We find them to be very helpful and they're pursuing some leads re. jobs for Lisa in particular.
All in all seems a great service:)

Steve

j42 Jan 12th 2008 10:02 am

Thanks so much,they do seem really helpful,will go along at meet them in march at the show.Have you been out to NS yet?

Ontheboatout Jan 12th 2008 11:58 am

They seem to have a lot to offer for free that always makes me suspicious. They are very much South Shore and miss out all the advantages of living on the North Shore.

Personally, I found everything I needed to know about relocation on this forum and the web. There is no substitute for personal experience so I would always suggest getting over here and talking to as many people as you can.

Southcote Jan 12th 2008 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by j42 (Post 5776959)
Had a chat with them last night and they seem really helpful.?

We met Mike & Orla at the emigrate show and again when we were out in NS.We've kept in touch with them and I'min Halifax next month. They have proved to be extremely helpful and have been a useful source of contacts for accomodation, jobs etc. Their service is free, and there is no obligation, so you could always get in touch ith them and compare their help with the information you find out for yourself. There doesn't appear to be much to lose

rach_woz99 Jan 12th 2008 12:59 pm

I find them to be really helpful and they have saved me some money on a few things as well as letting me know about things and pointing me in the right direction. they seem genuinly nice people! I presume they make their money through referrals from the companies they recommend??

Outontheboat, please don't take this the wrong way, as you seem a helpful sort of person, but why are you so determined to crowd out the north shore with everyone from this forum lol ??;) Guess it it keeps Annapolis nice and empty, I should be applauding you:huh:

j42 Jan 12th 2008 1:34 pm

Thankyou so much they do seem really helpful,hopefully we will get to live our dream:)

Ontheboatout Jan 12th 2008 1:36 pm

I just get fed up with the North Shore being ignored and seeing people only given one side of the coin and their choices limited by third parties.

How does the uk2novascotia business make money then?

destinationnovascotia Jan 12th 2008 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout (Post 5777774)
I just get fed up with the North Shore being ignored and seeing people only given one side of the coin and their choices limited by third parties.

How does the uk2novascotia business make money then?

By getting a commission from the companies they refer people to

deanjp32 Jan 12th 2008 7:55 pm

we've used uk2novascotia and they are very helpful, met them at Sandown last year and in Halifax last September. They have good contacts etc but ultimately you still have to do it yourself so there is no substitute for jumping in and finding things out for yourself :thumbup:

or4ngecrush Jan 12th 2008 8:30 pm

Yeah they are very helpful I get emails with lots of hints tips, jobs etc..and I met Orla in Halifax Oct 2006 she was very nice.

j42 Jan 12th 2008 8:39 pm

Thankyou so much:)

destinationnovascotia Jan 13th 2008 8:35 am

I met with them and spent half a day with their realtor. Never got the discount flights offer though. Perhaps it was because I didn't use their realtor. That was really not clear in the conditions though.

deanjp32 Jan 13th 2008 8:54 am

we spent time with there realtor but did not buy through them and we recieved the voucher. Just ask them, i'm sure it was just an oversight on there part

dormy Jan 13th 2008 10:26 am

Originally Posted by deanjp32 (Post 5780460)
we spent time with there realtor but did not buy through them and we recieved the voucher. Just ask them, i'm sure it was just an oversight on there part

I found them helpful while their realtor is working with you, but if you talk to another realtor they will not contact you again