Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:43 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody moving in May to Canada?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Good for her. I have to ask, just out of pure nosiness, but how did she get a visa at that age?
I was wondering that too
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:06 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcmama
We're moving to Vancouver in May but were originally supposed to be in Kelowna (long story) so researched it to the nth degree! Okanaganforum.com? can't remember the exact name of it, but that might be worth posting on to find other expats. Kelowna is a lovely place, very family friendly - good luck with your move.
Our original goal was Kelowna, BC and did a recce there and 'landed' in Vancouver but we ended up in Peterborough, Ontario !!!

It's the right side of the water but probably just as close to the UK than Kelowna
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:20 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
won't they have to move this year to retain their pr status?
They're giving it up.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

AberystwythGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orly
My parents were due to arrive this May on their skilled worker PR visas (they landed in 2010). But since that time they've not been able to sell the house in the UK and the price of it has more than halved. Add in a turd of an exchange rate and it's not economical to come now. Several hundred thousand dollars of cash they were expecting to have has basically evaporated so it's a better situation to just stick it out back home.
Its a shame if they give up - have they considered renting out their UK property? Thats what we are doing and hoping that the market will pick up in a couple of years time.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

crazydaving is just really nicecrazydaving is just really nicecrazydaving is just really nicecrazydaving is just really nicecrazydaving is just really nicecrazydaving is just really nicecrazydaving is just really nicecrazydaving is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kerry-lancs
Moving to edmonton in 3 week
Moving there in 8 weeks!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Kerry-lancs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crazydaving
Moving there in 8 weeks!
Good stuff, where abouts? U got a job?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:02 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AberystwythGirl
Its a shame if they give up - have they considered renting out their UK property? Thats what we are doing and hoping that the market will pick up in a couple of years time.
Renting out a modern 6 bedroom house with 3 living rooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms and 2 kitchens requires a rather specific type of renter...not exactly the type in big supply.

The point was to retire early from their jobs, get their payouts (government positions), sell the house to clear the mortgage and take it easy in Canada.

Since starting their application the house has halved in price, the exchange rate is a not insignifcant amount lower and they'll be not much better off (if at all) in Canada over the UK. Plus a few relatives have had some health problems in the meantime which weighs on my mother especially.

Down the road if things change I might end up in the position to sponsor them if they decide they want another crack at it.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice

We might end up going in May - we are aiming to go in April but we may well miss it with everything we still have to do.

We are moving from Aberystwyth to Kelowna BC - my husband also works away from home so from time to time I will be on my own but my Mum is also moving with us which is great.
We may be in a similar position as we are moving out there on June 1st and I often work away but first I need to find a job!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Theoldfields
We may be in a similar position as we are moving out there on June 1st and I often work away but first I need to find a job!
I am waiting for my horse import permit before we can book our flights so looks like May now. Do you know where you are going to be in Kelowna - we are moving to SE Kelowna. Shortly after my husband will be leaving me there to oversee our house build and heading off to work to pay for it!!!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 3:52 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs. B.
We are moving just north of Calgary
We are just North of Calgary, in Canadian terms, where will you be, nearer Calgary, Red Deer, Olds?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice

We will b going to red deer! I am beyond excited now!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

I'm getting terrified - so much to do - so little time to do it and cars & stuff very difficult to sell.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice

I am waiting for my horse import permit before we can book our flights so looks like May now. Do you know where you are going to be in Kelowna - we are moving to SE Kelowna. Shortly after my husband will be leaving me there to oversee our house build and heading off to work to pay for it!!!
Sounds exciting. We have a house between Kelowna and Vernon but are yet to make any progress on the job search. Whereabouts are you building the new home?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping you enjoy your adventure in Red Deer.

There are a few of 'us Brits' in contact in Red Deer but, still not managed to organise a meet up. Maybe we should start thinking about it again

Hoping your move goes smoothly for you
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:05 pm

fabretti18 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be heading west of Wetaskiwin, near pigeon lake, in May, not moving everything until September however...takes a while to get all things sorted

Last edited by fabretti18; Apr 7th 2013 at 11:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.