Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anybody else feel scared by the annormity of it all?

Anybody else feel scared by the annormity of it all?

Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:35 am
j42
Forum Regular

j42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nice
Default Anybody else feel scared by the annormity of it all?

we are in the very early stages of looking at relocating to NS,we get so many highs/lows looking at what is involved with getting there,we really want it so much but I am so scared,did anybody else feel like this?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody else feel scared by the annormity of it all?

Originally Posted by j42
we are in the very early stages of looking at relocating to NS,we get so many highs/lows looking at what is involved with getting there,we really want it so much but I am so scared,did anybody else feel like this?
We feel the same, the more we look into it the more amased we are that anyone has actually made it there, well sane anyway i am sure it will all be okay its all part of the fun
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:51 am
j42
Forum Regular

j42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nice

Glad its not just me,sometimes I just don't know where to start
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j42
Glad its not just me,sometimes I just don't know where to start
I followed the advice on here and read as much as i could esp the Wiki

There is so much info on here sometimes its hard to find it, all the ways to get in,
there is so much to take in, when are you hoping to go ?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:02 am
j42
Forum Regular

there really is,just trying to get my resumee together thats a task in itselfWe are hoping to go to Nova Scotia,what about you?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by j42
there really is,just trying to get my resumee together thats a task in itselfWe are hoping to go to Nova Scotia,what about you?
Ottawa i think, we really liked it there for culture and things to do , the areas around Gatineau park are amasing, theres museums and so many things for our youngest and the others when they come to stay also skiing and all the usual snow sports ,

Following what we have read been told we are getting as much paper work together as we can, all important documents etc, but are trying to sell house first then he will get a job and we will go over all being well, waiting for PR will take for ever, we have so many lists going we are working through them and anytime either of us thinks of anything else we add it to our lists

Hopefully this year we will get there depends on house sale,
what about you, thought about NS but a bit too much travel for us we have other kids staying here as well as a young one so need to come back and them to us, only 7 hours to Ottawa
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:37 am
j42
Forum Regular

sounds good,its only a 6 hr flight to NS.
We are going to go to show at Sandown and gather as much info as possible and then if it looks like we can get in will put the house up for sale eeek!!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of

Hi we are the same, I dont think its normal if you dont have these feelings. I think its natures way of a reality check.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by j42
sounds good,its only a 6 hr flight to NS.
We are going to go to show at Sandown and gather as much info as possible and then if it looks like we can get in will put the house up for sale eeek!!
what show is that ? there is an imigration show in London for CA can't remember when it is and can't find it on the net ? we went a couple of years ago potential employers etc there it was quite good
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Scared doesn't quite cover it. Totally terror struck is more like it. For the sake of my sanity I can not fail. I have to make it.

So what is scaring me is not being able to get there. The enormous amount of work entailed to succeed doesn't scare me at all.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Scared doesn't quite cover it. Totally terror struck is more like it. For the sake of my sanity I can not fail. I have to make it.

So what is scaring me is not being able to get there. The enormous amount of work entailed to succeed doesn't scare me at all.
I think a lot of it is i have read so many people want to come back,
i can't imagine why people fight so hard to get there and all the work it entails then (not always through choice ) they come back loosing quite often a small fortune, depressed and having to start all over again with mortgages etc

what if we have to come back, but i also think if we don't do it we will never know, before i joined this forum i was so possitive we were doing the right thing, i still think we are, but things are a bit more realistic now. life is so short you have to take risks thats what makes us alive
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of

Hi Emigration show at Sandown race course, March 1st and 2nd 2008.

www.emigrate2.co.uk

(apologies did not know if I am allowed to put website address or not)
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We've been in Kelowna since June 2007. All the way through the process I had moments of 'what the hell are we doing?' But, if we hadn't made the leap of faith then we'd have spent the rest of our lives thinking 'what if?' For us, medium term, it's the right decision, although the first six months or so have been hard graft.

Keep the faith, go with your gut, and do what's right for you and your's. Best any of us can do.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:30 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j42
Just a hint - learn to spell - I think you mean 'enormity".
My pointing this out will give everyone on here an excuse to shriek at me - but good English is still important

Last edited by Jay Bird; Jan 13th 2008 at 3:36 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:45 pm
j42
Forum Regular

yes sorry I am dyslexic so have problems sometimes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.