Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any scrapbookers on here?

Any scrapbookers on here?

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:52 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any scrapbookers on here?

We hope to move to Canada in oct/nov this year I'm a scrapper (12"x12" cardstock of archival quality to store my photos etc, if you don't get it, don't worry, my hubby doesn't either) anyway, I have about 1000 sheets of card and wondered about shipping it? It's pricey but all over a year old, do I need to ship it watertight?(will be in a shipping container but in winter if it's not temp controlled it might get damaged) Do I have to list how many of each colour sheet or just put "craft supplies- cardstock 972 pages"?

Also just wondered if there were any scrappers on here that understand my obsession.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:51 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any scrapbookers on here?

If you ship it, put it inside a bin bag or similar inside a cardboard box and you should be fine. And just declare 'craft supplies' $x or something similar on your goods to follow. For an idea of what is available in Canada look at www.michaels.com
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:50 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Atlantic I know about micheals, but have been on a stash diet for over a year. (stash diet is when you don't buy any supplies) shopping is not likely to be high on my list for a while! Lol.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:04 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

I laughed when I read this as I have the same obsession as you and have just recently been packing my stash!!! I put an embarrassingly large number of boxes of "craft supplies" on our GTF when we landed last month - was hoping my OH didn't notice it all

I have lots of my paper packed inside 12 by 12 plastic storage boxes or clean pizza boxes etc and then inside the packing boxes. Having moved it back ot the UK from Canada several years ago (!), I know that it will be OK when it arrives there later this year. I just made sure to fill any spaces in the boxes with packing paper in case of condensation.

I'm not sending my albums over by sea - I will gradually take them over in hand luggage when I come back to visit the parents!! I know the chance of them being lost at sea or damaged in transit is small but I'm not risking all those hours of work being lost!

Hope this helps!

P.S. Where will you be living? Oops, just noticed you're off to Vancouver

Last edited by Skimom; Jun 22nd 2011 at 9:15 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:05 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

If there are, does anyone have one of these Pazzles cutting machines?

You might be able to do me a favour.....
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Yes - shipped boxes of craft supplies including scrapbook paper over here last year with no problems. The majority of our Goods to Follow lists were books and craft supplies - shows where the priorities are
I put the papers inside pizza boxes, inside packing boxes.
I too planned to bring all the albums (mostly 8.5x11 but some 12x12) in hand luggage as they were too precious to loose but the weight of them would have been too much, so I put them in the container and hoped for the best. They were absolutely fine too.
Good luck!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

try out www.gonescrappin.ca for special question around scrap booking. email Kelly Hunter, the owner and a great source of info, and I am sure she will get back to you in no time. lol.. tell her I send you...maybe I get a rebate on her loose teas that way (something I personally like better than scrapbooking)

cheers
Ilse
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

I moved to the UK with loads of scrapbooking supplies and will be moving lots back I put my 12 x 12 paper in plastic boxes, then put the plastic boxes in plastic bins inside of boxes. Everything was fine. I'll do the same when we move back. Do you use the UK Scrappers forums? There are ladies on there who have moved abroad and might be able to offer advice.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:19 am
finally together...

Been on UKS since 2003, big fan of maryanne and the gang (I'm __TJ__) don't have a pazzles sorry, I'm a craft robo girl don't feel sobad about being paranoid now lol.