any scotties?

Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:27 am
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Default Re: any scotties?

Originally Posted by sheera67
Edinburgh , now in Ottawa, mmmm lorne sliced sausage on a roll with brown sause
I think of that at least twice a day not on a roll, but a slice of plain breid
Old Apr 1st 2010, 2:06 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

From Aberdeen area, now in St John's, Newfoundland.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

jordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie
Currently on Glasgow, off to Toronto in about 15 months time!

You must get me the Dundee butchers details, does he do square sausage??!!!

yes he does - if you want to go to Stoney Creek, Ontario
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

.... Scotty checking in!

I was raised in Bathgate and the family moved to Livingston when I was 12y/o. Worked in Edinburgh for almost 15 years. Most family/relatives are around Central Scotland, except my oldest sister who lives in Aberdeen.

.... jumped the pond in 2002 and now reside in the Okanagan Valley here in BC.

Well, that's the short version I guess?

All the best.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

a lockerbie boy born an bred,then caerlaverock estate &,mouswald now somerset MB>
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by budcolin
I think of that at least twice a day not on a roll, but a slice of plain breid
Oh my god that is my idea of bliss having been away from scotland for 12 years mmmmmm I am so craving a piece and square slice.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

jordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to alljordana09 is a name known to all

all you expats seem to really miss square sausages! What about black puddings too?
My daughter made tablet and took some in to her work mates - they loved it and had never tasted anything like it and didn't know it by the name of tablet!
She has to take in a few batches quite often to satisy their sweet tooth.
Yes - we scots get everywhere!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

... we have a local store which carries some Scottish products (including Ayrshire Bacon, Black Pudding, Square Sausage and many other goodies from home) ... a tad more expensive, so it's just a rare treat from time to time.

GOSH!! Tablet ... used to do the old T & M door to door thing as a kid back in Scotland and walked away with a grand £8-£10 at the end of the week!!

P.S. Aparently, there is still an ongoing debate whether Black Pudding originated in England or Scotland!?!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

ramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really nice

Originally Posted by jordana09
yes he does - if you want to go to Stoney Creek, Ontario
I know the very butchers you are talking about. Too bad he is shut today otherwise I would pop over and get some square sausage.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:09 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordana09
all you expats seem to really miss square sausages! What about black puddings too?
My daughter made tablet and took some in to her work mates - they loved it and had never tasted anything like it and didn't know it by the name of tablet!
She has to take in a few batches quite often to satisy their sweet tooth.
Yes - we scots get everywhere!
We can buy most products here in town - black and white (oatmeal) puddings are sold at the supermarkets and we can buy more home-made tablet and fudge than your teeth can cope with (although it's all called toffee). We even get Tunnock's teacakes, wafers, and caramel logs at a wee corner shop and the prices good at under $3 per pack. Barr's Irn Bru, Baxter's soup and shortbread are sold at most supermarkets. We can even buy haggis but the consistency is a little different

Tartan, pipers and fiddly diddly music abundant - Nova Scotia is more Scottish than Scotland lol
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

orginally from Aberdeen, been living in Dublin with my Irish wife since 2001, hopefully be in Toronto if all goes to plan

being from Aberdeen, I miss rowies!!

also Irn-Bru
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Used up me last box of scotties, now use the local offerings from stupid store
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice

Lived in Annan & Moffat up until 2008 then moved out here to Edmonton AB.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Clydey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally from Inverclyde

Been on PEI for 10mths now and loving it
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

mutchg1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by J0n35y
Where abouts in the 'kirk you from?

Im currently sitting in Stenhousemuir having just sent off the applications. Got fingers crossed that we get good news in the coming months and Im sure it will be one hell of a ride.

We've still to nail down exactly where we'd like to move to. Halifax has a big pull as does a few areas in and around Toronto but basically not trying to get ahead of ourselves. Exciting stuff though.

I think one of the main reasons for wanting to get away is to escape going to the football every week...
lived down Etna road for 7 years before that was New carron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.