Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any Ontario Police

Any Ontario Police

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:02 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Ontario Police

Originally Posted by phoenix25
Thanks for all the advice...alot to think about. Were applying on the wifes research doctor job been on the skilled jobs list, so we'll wait and see what the outcome of the PR visa status is.

But in the meantime, I think I'll start watching the Hull Stingrays! and learning french.

Do Police over there subscribe to a strict human rights charter like over here?
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, especially sections 7,8,9 and 10 and 10 b......
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dboy
what a bunch of crap, I socalize with mostly non police including some from BE. And many cops live where they police, in smaller communites they are often required to. It may not apply here in BC due to cost of housing.

And oh, i'm white and have sense of humour.
In the UK the police get some sort of deal on mortgages......Do they have anything like that here, especially if you are based in BC?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:16 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck2b
In the UK the police get some sort of deal on mortgages......Do they have anything like that here, especially if you are based in BC?

I can tell you for sure they get free Tim Horton's

On a serious note, they might have the same like we do, get a special rate at a certain bank. The BMO claims to be the bank for Canadian military, and offer a mortgage rate to us that other banks to match. My mortgage is not from them though
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tom26
Get as many qualifications as you can, stick with the GTA- I asked someone in service and they said that York in Toronto would more than likely look at you with your qualifications. York is one of the roughest areas of the city where you would need good firearm skills as there are regular shootings.
BTW, York has the highest per capita income in the GTA. It is a very safe area on the whole. Richmond Hill, Markham, Vaughan etc. Not too much crime here.
Look towards Scarborough in Toronto for violent crime.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

No they don't
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:12 pm

no.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILDER
BTW, York has the highest per capita income in the GTA. It is a very safe area on the whole. Richmond Hill, Markham, Vaughan etc. Not too much crime here.
Isn't Rexdale in York?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

austinallegro will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Any Ontario Police

It's a common assumption that violent crime is higher in Scarborough but incorrect. Per capita it's not much different from the rest of Metro Toronto and certainly areas within Scarborough such as along the Huntingwood corridor, Ellesmere, Guildwood, McNicoll, etc are very quiet. Pharmacy is also very quiet though does pass Chester Le Blvd (the violent bit of which is technically in North York). I raised my kids here no problem. My part of Scarborough is safer than Southend and Basildon in Essex

Course, the Kingston Road can be rough but that's not the same as violent crime. 42 Div is busy with Scarborough Town Centre and certain areas around Morningside and Neilsen Road but even that is tiny compared to the overall numbers of people living in Scarborough ( > 500,000).

Of course, this is all off topic relating to the original post.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbd33
Isn't Rexdale in York?
Nope.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by austinallegro
certainly areas within Scarborough such as along the Huntingwood corridor,
I lived for a few years along the Huntingwood corridor (closer to Kennedy) and it is very quiet from a crime point of view...most people there refer to it as Agincourt and not Scarborough.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope.
North York. Like the other rough bits of Toronto.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:24 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Your post was obviously tongue in cheek? Markham has no crime? What about Pacific mall and all the counterfeit raids, Woodbridge/Vaughan with all it's gang/biker/mafia related crimes?

Yes no crime you say
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
North York. Like the other rough bits of Toronto.
Again another no. North York is home to some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Canada. The Bridle Path, Willowdale. North York is definitely low crime. Think West Toronto. Rexdale, Etobicoke. etc.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Again another no. North York is home to some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Canada. The Bridle Path, Willowdale. North York is definitely low crime. Think West Toronto. Rexdale, Etobicoke. etc.
I am thinking northwest Toronto, Driftwood this, Driftwood that, Jane and Finch, the bits with violence. I thought they were in York or North York but I can't make out where the boundary between North York and whatever's west of there falls. If you say they're 2" out of North York, fair enough. I suppose so long as the crime stays in the 'burbs and affects neither Toronto proper nor country towns, I shan't worry about it.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:26 pm

was chatting with some lads I used to work with on patrol some years back. They were saying that it is getting very difficult to move to specalized units with a lot of competition. Also less new recruits coming in.

Hiring is definately slowing down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.