Reload this Page >

Any nurses out there?

Any nurses out there?

Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:39 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any nurses out there?

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Souv

I really don't think you should get a DR, it would do you more harm than good. Just seeing one has caused you to have high blood pressure and worries about cholesterol and a prescription .

Sharon
A what? If you mean a gizmo, I've already knocked that idea on the head.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
A what? If you mean a gizmo, I've already knocked that idea on the head.
Sorry DR, short for Doctor.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by owen
Mmmm should've explained it better, sorry. 3.13mmol is under 5mmol and that's ideal but in it's role within the ratio with the bad cholesterol it's a tad low (ie if it were a bit higher, it would cancel out more bad LDL). I hope I'm making sense!

All your figures are OK, I guess you doc is covering all bases. As I said you may fall under another category of 'at risk' of heart disease therefore prescribe the statin. If I remember the only poss side effect something with the stomach, either gas or constipation, can't remember which. Oh and with all statins, your liver has to work. Maybe a good idea to check your LFTs in a year if your liver is prone to failure!!

The bill is in the post
Thanks for the latest, erm, clarification. The report only indicated that it should be >1, so I didn't know what the ideal was. The main side effect to watch for is, I think, muscle ache in the legs. The statin, BTW, was prescribed solely on the basis of the numbers on the test results. The doctor knew nothing else about me and didn't ask. Until I told him, he didn't even know that one of his colleagues had put me on BP meds a week or so earlier.

I'd give my right arm for some of the GPs I had in the UK.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Sorry DR, short for Doctor.
Oh I see. That's not an option anyway. Not here.