Wikiposts

any ideas?

Old Jul 26th 2010, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Graham84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any ideas?

Hi there,

My partner (Graham, 25) and I (Rebecca, 23) are determined to make the big move to Canada within the next year or so and have a fair amount of questions and confusion over visas and so wondered if anyone could help. (I apologise as we're probably repeating the same old queries.)

Neither of us have any family currently in Canada, although Graham lived in Alberta for a few years when he was 9 and has returned since for holidays, his family are military. I have a friend living in Vancouver at the moment and we have been in regular contact, and have somewhere to stay when we initially land.

We plan (hope) to both find full time employment relatively quickly, we're unsure whether to attempt a a year's working visa and then attempt to extend it (if this is possible), and also whether or not the person who didn't initially apply can later get a working visa whilst in Canada. We wanted to ask about this because could this equate to the 2 years needed to apply for permanent residency?

Bit of a random question, but I was in hospital for a week just over a year ago with stomach problems which have since been treated, does anyone know if this could cause any problems with visa application?

Be really grateful for anyone's help, look forward to hearing from you

Rebecca and Graham
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: any ideas?

Apply for the BUNAC visa as you are both under 30....You get a one year working visa.....In that time you can follow up all leads to secure permanent employment or other visa routes to apply for PR................ Its sounds simple but can get abit tricky........

MR79
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah for speed you have to either go the BUNAC route or the LMO+TWP route. I wanted to get there fast too, and the LMO+TWP route does work pretty good, but making sure you're able to stay in Canada as the looming expiry date approaches can become rather stressful, even with the 2 year permit I have.

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Jul 26th 2010 at 11:33 am. Reason: I'm going to fail the IELTS I swear...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 2:44 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

BUNAC working holiday visa is going to be your best bet - you both have to apply so that will only cover 1 year.

Extending basically means qualifying for another visa. What line of work are you both in?