Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any good areas to live around Belleville, Ontario

Wikiposts

Any good areas to live around Belleville, Ontario

Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any good areas to live around Belleville, Ontario

Can any of you guys n girls in Ontario, recommend any areas to live around Belleville. I have the chance of working there once i get ( if i get ) my visas.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any good areas to live around Belleville, Ontario

Originally Posted by Stu-pot
Can any of you guys n girls in Ontario, recommend any areas to live around Belleville. I have the chance of working there once i get ( if i get ) my visas.
lucky so and so! check out Iains post and pictures, and canada jane too i think
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:16 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Probably, What are you looking for?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Probably, What are you looking for?
looking for a house with land anything upto $250,000 or $300,000 at a push
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:34 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

looking for a house with land anything upto $250,000 or $300,000 at a push
Should be a few in that price range, are you just looking for a large yard, like an acre or so, or are you looking for acres of space?

One thing to consider is if you have kids you might not choose to live too far from town as the further out you are (cheaper property) the earlier the busses come and the longer the kids days. We live with it as we like our quiet spot near the river.

Where abouts are you hoping to work?

Anyway, if you trawl through the mls listings I might be able to offer an opinion here and there. Do you want to be fairly close to at least some facilities? Small towns like Frankford and Stirling offer most of what you need, and are 15-20 mins from Belleville, and I like to think that north of the bay offers better value for money and accesability than south on "the county"

Trenton is relatively cheap (for a reason), but has good facilities because of the airbase, but the turnover is quite high and it has the social problems that often accompany military bases. Having said that, there are benefits to having the military facilities nearbly too. I tend to think of Belleville and Trenton as almost joined at the hip, its only 10 mins from one to the other and the subdivisions nearly meet now in the middle.

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to fire away.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu-pot;
Actually, I'd asked the question the other way round. Are there any bad areas to live around Belleville? I'd say the answer is probably "no". The only drawback of that area AFAIK is employment. If you've got the job you want, and you don't want big city stuff (very often) then go for it would be my advice.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:46 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Actually, I'd asked the question the other way round. Are there any bad areas to live around Belleville? I'd say the answer is probably "no".
Its all relative innit...there are bits I would choose not to live in, but those are perhaps not as rough as some of the bad bits in other places.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:49 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink;
Its all relative innit...there are bits I would choose not to live in, but those are perhaps not as rough as some of the bad bits in other places.
Nowhere is perfect of course. But the OP has $250k to spend, which will get them a nice place in your area, rather than a snigger from the realtor in the GTA.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:58 am
Just Joined

pyatterson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I work for the City of Belleville in the Economic Development office, and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to email me. My email address is <<snip>>
You will Love Belleville. It is a wonderful City!

Last edited by Sue; Aug 30th 2007 at 3:20 am. Reason: email address removed. It is not wise to post your email address on a public forum
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:27 am

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

We live just outside Belleville.

When we moved here we wanted a property with some land, in the country, but close to facilities and we got just that.

We are about 15 mins from Belleville and have a house on 2.5 acres. We do have neighbours nearby, but only one we can physically see from the house. We are surrounded by woodland which we love.

There are lots of properties available under $300k, it just depends on exactly what you want. We know really good realtors in the area if you need one.

On a practical side we are close enough to Belleville to shop and do all the less glamorous stuff. Belleville has pretty much everything you need on a day-to-day basis. Plenty of shops and reasonable mall and the city seems to be expanding, so there is investment.

We are also close to Kingston, which is bigger and has more choice shopping wise.

You will not get a doctor here though. We are still trying after being here 15 months - that is one thing I find very annoying coming from the UK where we take having a Dr for granted. Last month two new doctors were taking on new patients and hundreds of people queued to get an application form and they were given out in 20 minutes.

You can go to the drop-in clinics, but you have to wait for hours and hours.

Jane
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pyatterson
Hello,

You will Love Belleville. It is a wonderful City!
Cos it's not too far from NAPANEE - The centre of the universe !
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:42 am

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by flashman
Cos it's not too far from NAPANEE - The centre of the universe !
Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my post.

Yes, Belleville is close to Napanee, the centre of the universe.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

YOJO is on a distinguished road

Hi Stu-Pot , We've just returned from a reccy trip there, We loved Belleville and the way its next to Prince Edward Island. We live in South Wales and considering moving there next Spring.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YOJO
Hi Stu-Pot , We've just returned from a reccy trip there, We loved Belleville and the way its next to Prince Edward Island. We live in South Wales and considering moving there next Spring.
oops - you mean county, prince edward county
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
oops - you mean county, prince edward county
Yes, I am sure YoJo meant "County". The "Island" version is a province unto itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.