Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any expat joined the canadian forces as an officer?

Any expat joined the canadian forces as an officer?

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any expat joined the canadian forces as an officer?

Originally Posted by Souvenir
When my missus was a Sgt she was offered CFR by a Captain(N), so, yes, you have to be invited. She has also told me about one CWO who, if he took his commission to Captain, would be promoted to Major the next day. A special case, I imagine.

And don't talk about posting. It makes me nervous, particularly at this time of year.
CFR/SRCP to Capt and Major a day later has never happened and cannot happen by statute...nothing more than BS...
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veteran
This is what am going for, so you can see that it's a completely different ball game

http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/jobs...x?id=83&bhcp=1

Note: Read the entrace requirements for a DEO ( direct entry officer )
Your command of the English language continues to amaze me, (that may be because I have just stepped in the door from happy hour).

If you have already taken your entrace (sic) exams all I can do is shake my head as I try to locate my beer fridge...

Kev...out...
CHIMO-AIRBORNE-UBIQUE....
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:43 pm
Banned

veteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really nice

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
Your command of the English language continues to amaze me, (that may be because I have just stepped in the door from happy hour).

If you have already taken your entrace (sic) exams all I can do is shake my head as I try to locate my beer fridge...

Kev...out...
CHIMO-AIRBORNE-UBIQUE....
Right....this is coming from someone that spelt "entrance" as "entrace", and couldn't be bothered to use commas?

You are definitely in a position to judge aren't you? I didn't realize this was an english class forum. Thx for the warm welcome
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is what am going for, so you can see that it's a completely different ball game

http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/jobs...x?id=83&bhcp=1

Note: Read the entrace requirements for a DEO ( direct entry officer )
Look upwards laddie....I think you will find the error lies elsewhere.

Have a good one...
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:32 pm
Banned

veteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really nice

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
Look upwards laddie....I think you will find the error lies elsewhere.

Have a good one...
Am not your laddie....please don't refer to me as that! Next time, if you haven't got anything tangible to add, just keep your snout out alright? I didn't come on here to be talked to like that, by some chav

If you are trying to make a name for yourself, take it elsewhere. All you've done so far in this thread, is hijacked it and turned it into self ego boost. I'll look on the army forum online for my answers.

Tara
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Am not your laddie....please don't refer to me as that! Next time, if you haven't got anything tangible to add, just keep your snout out alright? I didn't come on here to be talked to like that, by some chav

If you are trying to make a name for yourself, take it elsewhere. All you've done so far in this thread, is hijacked it and turned it into self ego boost. I'll look on the army forum online for my answers.
Tara
Tara, may I call you that....you are to funny....as is your board nickname...

Enjoy your career...if you eventually actually make it through the CF door.

PS..when peopel (your version of the word) post incorrect sh_te (chav spelling), valid corrections last time I checked were of value...unlike your stunned and grammatically challenged posts.

Finally, are you sure your trying to come in as an officer because I do not think you will be able to meet even the lower entry requirements; if you do manage somehow to be selected CELE (AIR) I can see that it may be a good match as you seem to vent a lot of it....Hot Air that is.

My two chav pence..

Commas omitted...because I do not give a flying well you know...

PPS...this is more fun than I have had in a while...

Oh and have a good one...if you want my army.ca contact just PM me...

Last edited by airbornesapper; Nov 25th 2007 at 9:43 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:40 am
Banned

airbornezapper.....you are so full of yourself aren't ya? You are basically knocking me for the same things you are guilty of doing. Everyone makes typos, and of all I had to post, you couldn't see past that, and just wanted to use my thread as a launchpad for your ego.

I do actually have a family member who is a LT commander in the navy in Ottawa, so I have some idea how things work in the CF. You said I posted incorrect info....do you mind pointing that out? On 2nd thought, don't bother

You come across as a nincompoop, and am sure you are a big one! Now go back into your little bubble world and impress your mates, if you have any at all.

Oh...I have met all the requirements for CELE by the way, passed the test, medical and interview and I guess my degree ( 1st class honours ) from Leeds helps

Your info has been as useful, as t*ts on a bull
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vet-ran...too funny...TTFN...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

geord342 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need some advice on transferring from British RE to canadian engineers

Need some advice. Probably from Airbourne Sapper. I am currently a WO2 in Royal Engineers and looking into the feasability and method of transferring into canadian engineers. Can you please help. Cheers
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:29 pm
Banned

Better to start a new thread on this. Note that you have to be a Canadian citizen to join the forces ( regular ), this has been the new law since after 9/11.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

It remains possible for non citizens to join the CF. If the CF have use of your military skills sets because of a shortage then it is possible.

'Possible' then but the process can be lengthy.

You would likely receive a 3 year contract, during which time you would be expected to obtain citizenship. If you failed to do so you would probably be released.

It is a lot harder to join the CF than the Australians or NZ for skilled entrants, but trust me it is possible.

I have enjoyed my 20+ here....the adjustment was easy...akin to changing step..

Yours aye....
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:24 am
Just Joined

geord342 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for response but looking more with regards to transferring not joining
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:53 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geord342
You could always ask them. The CF rectuiting website (forces.ca) has info on the various recruiting centres, along with phone numbers. If they can't give you chapter and verse, I don't know who can.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geord342

There is no transfer mechanism...you have to release and rejoin...
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

The CF's current policy on employing non-Canadians is outlined here:

http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/reso...en.aspx?bhcp=1

As some of the earlier posts have pointed out, joining the CF is not an easy process and, unlike the Aussies and Kiwis, you have to do all the work yourself. Also, if you are currently serving in the UK forces you have to leave before joining the CF. I know a couple of guys who left the RN who are now serving in the CF. They found the process of getting into the CF extremely tortuous, but worth it.
However, the CF are in the process of introducing a new policy that is intended to make it easier for them to employ non-Canadians. If you have skills they want, the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group (CFRG) will submit for an LMO and employ you on a work permit until you qualify for PR and, in due course, citizenship. It is not in place yet, but keep on eye on the CF Recruiting website for news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.