Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any Expat Deer Hunters out there?

Any Expat Deer Hunters out there?

Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Expat Deer Hunters out there?

Originally Posted by London7
now if you got arrested, who would you call?
a good defence lawyer!!!
You are joking. I'd expect the lawyer to drag out the case, with me in jail, until my funds ran out and then leave me to deal with the case myself; same as a lawyer in a civil action. When I was arrested I dealt with it myself which is why I can afford a computer to post on.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Note that while I think the average person might have good reason to fear the police, I have no doubt at all that the average person can only be hurt by contact with a lawyer. The police are, at least, vaguely accountable, lawyers report to no one expect more lawyers. I don't especially hate individual lawyers for taking on an essentially immoral occupation, but it does offend me that someone who admits to lawyering can claim any sort of moral quality in other areas of life; it's absurd to lie and cheat in dealing with people but to claim to care about animals.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

zigspider is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Any Expat Deer Hunters out there?

[QUOTE=London7] and as a lawyer defending men for firearms offences, who 9 times out of 10 had hunting experience.
/QUOTE]

Hope I got the quote right. Is this defending firearms offences in Canada? Clarify the offences!

Getting back to the original post, not all of us who wish to pass the exams etc. to hunt in Canada are doing it just for 'Fun'. I want to be able to provide food for the table if neccessary. Yes, I buy from superstore etc.. , but having raised and slaughtered chickens in France, and experienced the difference in taste, I would not buy chicken from a store. I buy meat from farmers markets where possible.

Hunting in Canada is LEGAL. Don't put all of us who wish to partake in the same "Redneck" envelope. Yes, I have a truck, but the little old lady across the road in the town I live in has a bigger truck!

Jerry
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:47 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

now if you got arrested, who would you call?
a good defence lawyer!!!
Hahaha. That's a good one London7. Did you hear it from someone, or make it up yourself? Made my day. Thanks.

BTW, have you ever defended a PETA nutta?

Last edited by Novocastrian; Sep 24th 2006 at 1:50 am.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=zigspider]
and as a lawyer defending men for firearms offences, who 9 times out of 10 had hunting experience.
/QUOTE]

Hope I got the quote right. Is this defending firearms offences in Canada? Clarify the offences!

Getting back to the original post, not all of us who wish to pass the exams etc. to hunt in Canada are doing it just for 'Fun'. I want to be able to provide food for the table if neccessary. Yes, I buy from superstore etc.. , but having raised and slaughtered chickens in France, and experienced the difference in taste, I would not buy chicken from a store. I buy meat from farmers markets where possible.

Hunting in Canada is LEGAL. Don't put all of us who wish to partake in the same "Redneck" envelope. Yes, I have a truck, but the little old lady across the road in the town I live in has a bigger truck!

Jerry

My exp is from practising in England.Again, please read the posts, I am stating my experience, I am sure there are some lovely, stable, well rounded huntsmen and women out there, I just have not met any yet.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Hahaha. That's a good one London7. Did you hear it from someone, or make it up yourself? Made my day. Thanks.

BTW, have you ever defended a PETA nutta?

Glad it made you smile.
I have not had the pleasure of PETA yet, but would do those cases PRO BONO
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:53 am
Assimilated Pauper

I am sure there are some lovely, stable, reasonably trustworthy, vegetarian lawyers out there, I just have not met any yet.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=London7]
Originally Posted by zigspider

My exp is from practising in England.Again, please read the posts, I am stating my experience, I am sure there are some lovely, stable, well rounded huntsmen and women out there, I just have not met any yet.
It's not clear from your posts where you are now? I suspect that you are confusing hunting (i.e. hunts) in England, with hunting (i.e. going out into the wilderness to acquire food) in Canada.

I am just as opposed to the former as you are, but have the self awareness to realise that this is a class-based position. Fox-hunting is (was) the last in-your- face statement of privilege from the former masters of us all.

Nowt to do with animals. (Except us).
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

zigspider is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=London7]
Originally Posted by zigspider

Hi,

have you made any attempt to meet up with any hunters here? Or are you going with the "all hunters are rednecks in trucks" motif.

Are you against culling animals in the wild when they have no natural predators to keep them from multiplying? That, as far as I know is the main stay of the English deer hunters.

I do not agree at all with hunting from a truck, or anyone who goes to a caged environment just for the trophy.

You haven't answered my question by the way, just stated "my experience"

Jerry
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:15 am
Assimilated Pauper

Fox-hunting is (was) the last in-your- face statement of privilege from the former masters of us all.

You know, of course, that this is nonsense. I have solid working class credentials; I have little formal education and no academic qualifications, both my parents both grew up in public housing. Not to tug on the violin bow but I really come from nuffink and I had to move to the colonies in order to make something of myself.

I like to ride and fox hunting is easily open to me. It's not elitist in the way that one might think dressage or eventing to be. Opposition to fox hunting is based on a perception of class structure that is outmoded, people hate what they think used to be, not what is.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:21 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by dbd33
You know, of course, that this is nonsense. I have solid working class credentials; I have little formal education and no academic qualifications, both my parents both grew up in public housing. Not to tug on the violin bow but I really come from nuffink and I had to move to the colonies in order to make something of myself.

I like to ride and fox hunting is easily open to me. It's not elitist in the way that one might think dressage or eventing to be. Opposition to fox hunting is based on a perception of class structure that is outmoded, people hate what they think used to be, not what is.
Well I bow to your more direct knowledge on the thing. Nonetheless, I stick to my opinion that the opposition to fox-hunting in England has more to do with class than with animal rights.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
Note that while I think the average person might have good reason to fear the police, I have no doubt at all that the average person can only be hurt by contact with a lawyer. The police are, at least, vaguely accountable, lawyers report to no one expect more lawyers. I don't especially hate individual lawyers for taking on an essentially immoral occupation, but it does offend me that someone who admits to lawyering can claim any sort of moral quality in other areas of life; it's absurd to lie and cheat in dealing with people but to claim to care about animals.

Tell that to the clients that I worked with facing the death penalty in Louisiana, one of them was found innocent after DNA testing, we saved his life, lawyers are not all bad you know! Like all hunters are not redneck
Also, I am a legal aid lawyer in the UK, so I get my salary and thats it!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

Nonetheless, I stick to my opinion that the opposition to fox-hunting in England has more to do with class than with animal rights.
Agreed.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:26 am
Born again atheist

Tell that to the clients that I worked with facing the death penalty in Louisiana, one of them was found innocent after DNA testing, we saved his life, lawyers are not all bad you know! Like all hunters are not redneck
Also, I am a legal aid lawyer in the UK, so I get my salary and thats it!!!!
Did you develop DNA testing? You come across as a bit of a twit you know.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:31 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone ever made tofu? I sure as hell hope I don't get reincarnated into a soybean.

:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.