Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any Expat Deer Hunters out there?

Any Expat Deer Hunters out there?

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:19 am
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any Expat Deer Hunters out there?

Originally Posted by London7
another inadequate male.....yawn.
leave the wildlife alone.
For your info, the course I attended to get my hunter license, consisted of me (the only adult) and 12 children aged 11 and up, this included 4 girls.
Youths are entitled to 4 deer tags each this year, 2 more than adults,
So hunting is embedded in this culture, like it or not.

Darren
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scimdarren
Hi All

Hunting here seems to be more back to nature, after all, if I kill a deer, I am prepared to field dress it and then eat it.

Regards

Darren
Well I am sure the deer will be very happy to hear that it will not be killed just for the fun of it.

Sharon
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

For your info, the course I attended to get my hunter license, consisted of me (the only adult) and 12 children aged 11 and up, this included 4 girls.
Youths are entitled to 4 deer tags each this year, 2 more than adults,

Darren
Hummm, thats ok then?????
Teaching children that killing for fun is acceptable, and i wonder why there is so much violence in todays society?
Slavery was once accepted but we moved on from that didnt we?
This macho side of Canada makes me sick .
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

gopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant future

hi darren , have pm'd you
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:24 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Teaching children that killing for fun is acceptable, and i wonder why there is so much violence in todays society?
Not a hunter myself, and a majorly strong opponent of gun possession, but this is over the top a touch, surely?

For example, my son had the misfortune to hit a deer while driving a work truck this summer. He felt bad about the deer but no-one suggested prosecution for the deed or even curiousity about whether the deer survived. I think this could be refered to as speciesism, (if you're crazy).
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

ImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to behold

But if you take that stance then you could also say that people have been hunting for millions of years?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:43 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

deemed 'slob hunting'
We need that in Alberta!!! Far too many slobs about time we culled some.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Not a hunter myself, and a majorly strong opponent of gun possession, but this is over the top a touch, surely?

For example, my son had the misfortune to hit a deer while driving a work truck this summer. He felt bad about the deer but no-one suggested prosecution for the deed or even curiousity about whether the deer survived. I think this could be refered to as speciesism, (if you're crazy).

Hi
That was clearly an accident, your son had not gone out armed with a gun to kill an animal for pleasure had he?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

Darren
Some of the british hunts are hundreds of years old, but of course don't count because fox-hunting is seen as elitist. So because everyone hunts in Canada that makes it ok. The hypocrisy is staggering.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:36 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Foxhunting in Canada? I had no idea?
Cant speak for Ontario but hunting from a vehicle is definitely illegal in Manitoba. An unfair advantage and deemed 'slob hunting' in the lecture on Hunting Ethics.

Darren

Foxhunting is suprisingly popular in Ontario and in the northeast states, where there are no foxes they have drag hunts or chase coyotes. I expect they still have objectors though, it's probably cruel to the horses or the grass beneath their feet or the dogs or something.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:37 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Not as sick as the namby pamby, PC, animal hugging 'oh its wrong to hunt/kill/eat animals, that's the root of all the ills of society' makes me.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:47 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleech

...sorry just trying to stir things up a bit
great, from that angle you could get them both with one shot. now if we could get a jpeg from fox and the hound....
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:48 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Not as sick as the namby pamby, PC, animal hugging 'oh its wrong to hunt/kill/eat animals, that's the root of all the ills of society' makes me.
and i've never met one of these that wouldn't 'murder' a sausage butty.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:52 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
great, from that angle you could get them both with one shot. now if we could get a jpeg from fox and the hound....
Close:

http://foxhunters.org/Goodies/hshdmal1.GIF
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:55 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by sinope
Some of the british hunts are hundreds of years old, but of course don't count because fox-hunting is seen as elitist. So because everyone hunts in Canada that makes it ok. The hypocrisy is staggering.
i don't approve of these people swanning around terrorising animals for a spot of jolly old entertainment, tradition, keep the peasants in line etc, however, there are a wealth of countryside issues which i am sure most are aware, that affect this debate, which as a townie i feel uncomfortable in having comment on. that said, hunting red neck style with super large scope and beer for the hell of it, is not hunting at all, it is exactly as described, red neck fun.
man kill animal, man eat animal, thats the way of it i'm afraid, you have the option not to participate of course, but hypocrisy isn't the issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.