Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any Canadian Police officers here ?

Any Canadian Police officers here ?

Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:38 am
Just Joined

ronocod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Canadian Police officers here ?

Im currently in the process of applying to the Essex (UK) Police. I was wondering what the chances of forces accross Canada employing people from the uk in say the next 5 years?
I know its different for every force, but just wondered does anyone have any thoughts on if it will be a job in demand like say Electricians and Nurses are now.

Thanks
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:29 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Canadian Police officers here ?

Originally Posted by ronocod
Im currently in the process of applying to the Essex (UK) Police. I was wondering what the chances of forces accross Canada employing people from the uk in say the next 5 years?
I know its different for every force, but just wondered does anyone have any thoughts on if it will be a job in demand like say Electricians and Nurses are now.

Thanks
Go to the Forum Jump box (bottom right on my screen). There is a whole cop forum.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:48 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Canadian Police officers here ?

Originally Posted by ronocod

Thanks
Greetings, I'm a canadian police officer. Edmonton Police and Calgary have a history of hiring brits. I work for the RCMP in BC. If you are serious, get you feet wet there and then check out Alberta. Vancouver have sponsored in the past but no longer.

There is a Edmonton Police thread on here that is worth checking out. Lot of great comments from uk cops going through the process etc