Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any Canadian Immigration shows imminent?

Any Canadian Immigration shows imminent?

Old Jul 16th 2010, 10:11 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Canadian Immigration shows imminent?

Hi all

After 18 months of impatient anticipation our passports went off to London yesterday for our permanent residency visas! Up to this point it has all been like a game of fantasy football - looking at houses on the internet, comparing schools, subscribing to online newspapers etc. Now it's for real!

To this end, is anyone aware of in imminent Canada Fare/expo? I've googled it and looked up livecanada.co.uk but have only come up with one in Islington in September. Now this is for real and not just a pipe dream we have lots of questions re shipping companies, insurance, bank accounts, etc....

We are currently living in the Midlands but happy to travel.

Many thanks
Old Jul 16th 2010, 10:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Canadian Immigration shows imminent?

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Hi all

After 18 months of impatient anticipation our passports went off to London yesterday for our permanent residency visas! Up to this point it has all been like a game of fantasy football - looking at houses on the internet, comparing schools, subscribing to online newspapers etc. Now it's for real!

To this end, is anyone aware of in imminent Canada Fare/expo? I've googled it and looked up livecanada.co.uk but have only come up with one in Islington in September. Now this is for real and not just a pipe dream we have lots of questions re shipping companies, insurance, bank accounts, etc....

We are currently living in the Midlands but happy to travel.

Many thanks
Ones that I know of are Working In Expo this weekend (London), Canada Live in mid September (London), and 2 Emigrate shows in October (Harrogate and Kettering).

HTH.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

markbev is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on getting PR.

We attended a couple of shows last year and to be honest they were interesting but didn't tell us anything that we hadn't learnt on here. If you search through the threads you will probably find most of the answers you are looking for. If not, start a thread and I am sure you will get all the help and advice you will need.

Good luck with it all.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

where in Canada are you relocating to? we have lots of contacts all over Uk and Canada you can PM me and i can send you some for the destination you are going to..
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:20 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSHalifax
where in Canada are you relocating to? we have lots of contacts all over Uk and Canada you can PM me and i can send you some for the destination you are going to..
That would be really kind, thank you. How do I PM? I don't even know what it means! I presume "private message!? We are moving to Vancouver Island.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi rivingtonpike and congratulations on getting your Permanent Residency visas. We live on Vancouver island, in the Cowichan Valley and love it here. Where are you heading to on the Island?
Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:44 am
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by maddhobs
Hi rivingtonpike and congratulations on getting your Permanent Residency visas. We live on Vancouver island, in the Cowichan Valley and love it here. Where are you heading to on the Island?
We're unsure where to base ourselves, but we spent September to December last year in Sooke. We are thinking, however, of moving to somewhere more Saanich Peninsular (ish). The schools seem to be fairly high up the pecking order. We want the impossible - half an acre, loads of living space and only 5 minutes from "Waitrose". Until we arrive permanently, it's difficult to know which bit we'll compromise on first. We are coming to get "activated" in October and we'll be staying with very kind friends in Mechosin.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Kimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ones that I know of are Working In Expo this weekend (London), Canada Live in mid September (London), and 2 Emigrate shows in October (Harrogate and Kettering).

HTH.
Have you got the links to the Canada Live, and the emigrate shows in october?

Thanks

Dave