Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

any bunacers interested in playing rugby in vancouver??

any bunacers interested in playing rugby in vancouver??

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future
Default any bunacers interested in playing rugby in vancouver??

Just drop me a pm!
the club i am returning to play for this year are currently recruiting and have a large network for helping out with jobs and acommodation!

the club i played for and will play for again is called burnaby lake rugby club situated about 30 mins outside of vancouver!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: any bunacers interested in playing rugby in vancouver??

hey mate

how professional is the team? i've never really played rugby but im an aussie who loves a good game of footy.... i've just moved to van and would love an opportunity to meet some new people !

cheers
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

hi dave,
it's not that professional! while the 1st 15 play in the west coasts top division they also have a 2nd and 3rd 15 so there are players of all standards, shapes and sizes!
the 1st 15 guys would take it more serious whereas the 3rd 15 are the guys that just like to show up on a saturday for a game and go drinking with the guys for the day!
the club has a great social side to it among all the teams! every saturday after the games it gets pretty messy at the club!!

The club has also got one of the top ladies teams in the countries and an over 40's team which play on sundays!

you would be more than welcome to come down and see what you think.

the season is just about over now but there will be summer touch rubgy to keep the fitness up so you should come down to that as a starter point!

i'll post the nights and times as soon as they are confirmed!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

oh and the club is 30 minutes by sky train! you can drive from downtown in about 15!
cheers
mike
Old Apr 24th 2010, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

colin29 will become famous soon enoughcolin29 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by phat-dave
hey mate

how professional is the team? i've never really played rugby but im an aussie who loves a good game of footy.... i've just moved to van and would love an opportunity to meet some new people !

cheers
I don't know if you have already seen this but heres a link to BCfooty.
www.bcfooty.com
Old Apr 25th 2010, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

i think the burnaby team train at our fields! at least they did in 2005/6!
aussie rules seems to be gathering a bit of steam in BC!