Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Edmonton?

Any Brits in Edmonton?

Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Brits in Edmonton?

Originally Posted by Mim_Pangers
Hiya
I am moving to St. Albert in Edmonton on 24th September to join hubby, with our girls aged 6 and 1.
Maybe we shoudl have a meet up?!??!
Mim
Hi Mim,

We're in St Albert too and I'm sure you'll love it here!

We've been here since April and there is so much for kids to do - our two year old is spoilt for choice!

There's also a Newcomers Club for ladies new to St Albert which is a good way of meeting people.

Let me know if you need any help with anything

Good luck

Nikki
xx
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

nordyandsharpey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
As always... anyone moving to Edmonton and wants to play football give me a shout!!!

I stalk people on here and get them to play

Seriously though, its a good way to meet people who are/have been in the same situation and help you get settled in
I can attest to that - Danny poached my hubby a few weeks back, and now its like we never left England (haha!)
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Rutherford is nice, I have a couple of pet sitting clients down there. I'm up in Riverbend now, so not too far, about 15 minutes or so.
Glad you finally made it Lloydies, hope you are liking it!

I'm in Riverbend too... maybe we should all get together sometime?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by nordyandsharpey

Ye - we should all get together. I'm only in Rutherford just off Ellerslie Road so it's quite easy to get about from here.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

I can attest to that - Danny poached my hubby a few weeks back, and now its like we never left England (haha!)
ha ha yes i did, and hes a good lad as well is Sharpey... but you need to come out as well now!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:12 am
Just Joined

lufc87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I arrived in Edmonton 1 week ago.I work in the Oil and Gas sector. Been living in Toronto for the last 3 months after emigrating from England. Edmonton is a great city and with me being 21 years old there is plenty to do and see. Its also great to take the truck outside of Edmonton too and see the beautiful scenery, lakes and hills.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I'm slammed with pet sitting clients this week and into next week but what about we all meet up for coffee one morning?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

happydj is an unknown quantity at this point

Im moving to edmonton sometime middle of next month (just waiting for flight details to come through) im 27 single so hopefully I will find something to do! lol It seems very family orientated there but hopefully I will be alright out there. Its good to see so many brits there to.

I cant wait!!!

Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Any Brits in Edmonton?

Yey yey! We are here. So thrilled to finally be starting our new life. When can we all meet up!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by happydj
Im moving to edmonton sometime middle of next month (just waiting for flight details to come through) im 27 single so hopefully I will find something to do! lol It seems very family orientated there but hopefully I will be alright out there. Its good to see so many brits there to.

I cant wait!!!

sent you an email mate
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I'm slammed with pet sitting clients this week and into next week but what about we all meet up for coffee one morning?
Next week is pretty crazy for me too - what about the week after, we all (whoever can make it) meet up at a Tim Horton's for coffee one a.m. Those of you who aren't familiar will soon come to realise that Tim Hortons, referred to as 'Timmy's', is a very strange obsession/addiction over here. It wasn't when I left 10 years ago, which does make you wonder what they started putting in the coffee. Anyway - its convenient at least. What do you reckon?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough

Sounds good to me. I might have some wheels by then and be able to drive! Woohoo...

Just let me know which one. I presume I can bring my youngest?

Mim x
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I can do the week after also, if it's early enough, (have puppy visits around lunchtime most days) around ten would be great for me. Anyone got a day in mind? Thursday the 9th would work well for me at this point if it works for any of you.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Can I come too?

Linda
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Linda P
Can I come too?

Linda
The more the merrier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.