Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another use for 'expat shield'

Wikiposts

Another use for 'expat shield'

Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:02 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another use for 'expat shield'

I just received this email from the National Lottery in the UK.

----------

As you are aware, to play National Lottery games online you need to be a UK or Isle of Man resident and be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket. If you play by Direct Debit, not only must you be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when setting up your Direct Debit but also when making amendments to it, including buying additional tickets, or changing your numbers or payment details.

From 23rd April 2012, any player attempting to access their National Lottery Account from outside of the UK or Isle of Man will be prevented from doing so, as our location software will block any access.

Why are we implementing a block?

As operator of the UK National Lottery, Camelot clearly wants to pay out prizes where it can - and we don't want anyone to miss out on a prize because they haven't complied with the Rules. We're therefore always looking at ways we can improve the quality of information we give players. Although we give clear warnings about playing from overseas, we believe this change makes it even clearer and simpler for players.

In line with this, we have updated our Interactive Terms and Conditions to ensure they reflect this amendment - to cover that National Lottery players will now be prevented from accessing their National Lottery Account if our software detects that they are intending to play National Lottery games from any jurisdiction other than the UK or Isle of Man.

Kind regards,

Interactive Customer Care Team

Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

TS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to allTS00 is a name known to all
Default Re: Another use for 'expat shield'

Oh no! You can't pay the idiot tax when you're overseas! How will you cope?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:41 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another use for 'expat shield'

hehe. I don't do it and haven't for years. No idea where they got my email from if I'm honest.