Reload this Page >

another nova scotia recce

another nova scotia recce

Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:34 am
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: another nova scotia recce

Originally Posted by snooze71
thanks for the replies....26th or 27th would be great for us. is that good for anybody else?
I'm actually in England at the moment, but I'm flying back on 24th Nov so I'll be in for sure! Are you on AC861 from Heathrow on 24th? I can meet you on the plane if you are interested!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

Anybody got any preferences as to where we meet? Also are we set on Tuesday 27th?

I'm based at Dal so anywhere along Spring Garden or there abouts is fine with me, if its further then I'll need to drive and take a longer lunch.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

snooze71 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ziggy
yep - we're on that flight although we haven't prebooked seats so not sure where we're sitting....shall we wear red roses in our lapels and have a secret codeword to meet up???
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:56 pm
Dismember

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
Anybody got any preferences as to where we meet? Also are we set on Tuesday 27th?

I'm based at Dal so anywhere along Spring Garden or there abouts is fine with me, if its further then I'll need to drive and take a longer lunch.
I'll need somewhere I can bring my boy (three years old) but am easy, traditional meets have so far been held at the Lower Deck...
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:57 pm
Dismember

hi ziggy
yep - we're on that flight although we haven't prebooked seats so not sure where we're sitting....shall we wear red roses in our lapels and have a secret codeword to meet up???
LOL, I haven't booked yet either, totally failed in the "try to get more than one seat" lottery on the way over. I'll PM you... soon.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
traditional meets have so far been held at the Lower Deck...
What does everyone think? Anyone against?

Will have to make a decision soon! Time's a runnin out!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:27 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
LOL, I haven't booked yet either, totally failed in the "try to get more than one seat" lottery on the way over. I'll PM you... soon.
A helpful girl at the Air Canada desk once told me the best way to get a spare seat....

The seats that fill-up first are the outsides of whatever section you're in plus the window. So, in a plane that has a an A,B - C,D,E - F,G configuration for example the one that will be left will be seat D because people travelling alone will fill the isle and window seats. And further the last seats to fill will be towards the back of the plane. So if you are travelling as couple you should select seats C and E fairly near the back. If there are 4 of you go for something like 36C, 36E, 37C and 37E. The chances of a lone traveller choosing seat D in between you are extremely slim unless the flight is totally full.

By the way, was there a definite time and date set for this meet-up?

I'm fine with the Lower Deck but equally happy with another venue if everyone fancies a change
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 10:33 am
Just Joined

snooze71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Just wanted to confirm the meet up details as we fly on Saturday and I probably won't get a chance to get online tomorrow.

So did we agree Tuesday at the Lower Deck?? What time suits everybody - looking through past meet up threads midday seems to suit but any time is good for us.

Look forward to meeting you all - we'll just listed out for lots of British accents and speak very loudly ourselves so you can spot us!!

toodlepips
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Hi everyone

Just wanted to confirm the meet up details as we fly on Saturday and I probably won't get a chance to get online tomorrow.

So did we agree Tuesday at the Lower Deck?? What time suits everybody - looking through past meet up threads midday seems to suit but any time is good for us.

Look forward to meeting you all - we'll just listed out for lots of British accents and speak very loudly ourselves so you can spot us!!

toodlepips

Great.........so that's it sorted then!

Tuesday 27th, midday at the Lower Deck.

I love it when a plan comes together.

See you all there...........last one to turn up pays the bill (or is that check)!

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:17 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to meet you all at the lower deck on Tuesday but I have a dilemma.....

Since I am travelling down from New Glasgow on my own (1.5 hour drive), I would like to kill 2 birds with one stone and go to Costco at Bayers Lake. Now I know how to get to the Ferry Terminal in Dartmouth so I can simply cross over to the harbourfront for the meet. I also know how to get to Costco but I don't know how to get from Costco to the ferry terminal in Dartmouth.

My navigation is absolutely rubbish, so is there anyone near Costco that would be able to meet me and take me to the upper deck and return me to my car at Costco - or could I follow someone from Costco and park nearby the lower deck. That way I wouldn't land up at Peggy's Cove
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
I would like to meet you all at the lower deck on Tuesday but I have a dilemma.....

Since I am travelling down from New Glasgow on my own (1.5 hour drive), I would like to kill 2 birds with one stone and go to Costco at Bayers Lake. Now I know how to get to the Ferry Terminal in Dartmouth so I can simply cross over to the harbourfront for the meet. I also know how to get to Costco but I don't know how to get from Costco to the ferry terminal in Dartmouth.

My navigation is absolutely rubbish, so is there anyone near Costco that would be able to meet me and take me to the upper deck and return me to my car at Costco - or could I follow someone from Costco and park nearby the lower deck. That way I wouldn't land up at Peggy's Cove

Consider your dilemma SORTED!

We (Me & wife) have to pass Bayers Lake on the way to town anyway, so if you want - we can meet you at Costco, drive into town in our car then drop you back at your car!

At least that way - we can all get lost together!!

Will PM you!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:55 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Consider your dilemma SORTED!

We (Me & wife) have to pass Bayers Lake on the way to town anyway, so if you want - we can meet you at Costco, drive into town in our car then drop you back at your car!

At least that way - we can all get lost together!!

Will PM you!
Thanks Novaboy - count me in
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:23 am
Dismember

Hi everyone

toodlepips
Have a good time tomorrow - I'm still in England alas ...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

Hi All,

Was wondering if you would mind another Brit gatecrashing your meet ?

I have been in Nova Scotia about 8 weeks now,, but do no know where

Lower Deck is ?

Thanks

Michelle
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:15 pm
Scottish Canuck

Originally Posted by mumof2
Hi All,

Was wondering if you would mind another Brit gatecrashing your meet ?

I have been in Nova Scotia about 8 weeks now,, but do no know where

Lower Deck is ?

Thanks

Michelle
Hi Michelle

I am also going - not sure exactly where it is but I think its at the Halifax harbourfront, close to Salty's. I am being picked up at Costco and driven there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.