British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   another nova scotia recce (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/another-nova-scotia-recce-491296/)

snooze71 Nov 2nd 2007 10:02 pm

another nova scotia recce

Hi there

we're coming to Nova for a reccie and were wondering if anyone wanted to meet for a quick drink to impart some top tips and wise words on Nova.

we arrive on 24th November (with thermals!) and are over for a week. we'll probably spend 3 or 4 days around halifax and the south shore and then head up to the annapolis valley area.

We'd really appreciate it if anybody is around to meet up and give us a heads up on life there.

cheers:)

l i s a Nov 3rd 2007 2:20 am

Re: another nova scotia recce

Hi there

We just landed here (Halifax) last week and would be happy to meet up on your trip. There are also many BE Members in NS who have many more years /months experience of living here. Perhaps an excuse for another lunchtime meeting ??

PM me if you like and I can tell you a bit more about our journey etc....

Lisa

snooze71 Nov 4th 2007 9:57 am

Hi

thanks for your reply. Yep - would be great to meet up and see how you're enjoying it so far....where abouts are you living??

Sockdogg Nov 5th 2007 4:05 pm

Anyone want to arrange another big meet up like there was a few weeks back?

I'd be interested now that we're settled in NS.

Paul Wildy Nov 5th 2007 4:30 pm

You can count me in. Lunchtimes downtown are always good for me.

(oh, and by the way, Andy the class 1 driver from Kentville - if you're out there reading this - no, I'm not being sarcastic!)

l i s a Nov 5th 2007 5:27 pm

Count me in too. Very flexible at the moment as we are both unemployed:ohmy:

Perhaps lunchtime on the 26th or 27th?

snooze71 Nov 7th 2007 12:46 pm

thanks for the replies....26th or 27th would be great for us. is that good for anybody else?

Sockdogg Nov 7th 2007 12:48 pm

should be ok for me.

Paul Wildy Nov 7th 2007 1:11 pm

both days good for me

Halifax harpie Nov 11th 2007 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by snooze71 (Post 5523494)
thanks for the replies....26th or 27th would be great for us. is that good for anybody else?

Is this still on? Can I come::unsure:

destinationnovascotia Nov 11th 2007 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by NSpaul (Post 5514031)
You can count me in. Lunchtimes downtown are always good for me.

(oh, and by the way, Andy the class 1 driver from Kentville - if you're out there reading this - no, I'm not being sarcastic!)

Not even a little bit?:rofl:

NovaBoy Nov 11th 2007 11:20 pm

Count us in - anytime is good with us as I'm unemployed too! :eek:

Just let us know where & when.

:thumbsup:

snooze71 Nov 12th 2007 11:04 am

Grrrreat....if everyone can make both days, shall we meet up on tuesday lunchtime (27th) ?????

can somebody suggest a location??

Londonuck Nov 12th 2007 11:15 am

Originally Posted by snooze71 (Post 5503455)
Hi there

we're coming to Nova for a reccie and were wondering if anyone wanted to meet for a quick drink to impart some top tips and wise words on Nova.

we arrive on 24th November (with thermals!) and are over for a week. we'll probably spend 3 or 4 days around halifax and the south shore and then head up to the annapolis valley area.

We'd really appreciate it if anybody is around to meet up and give us a heads up on life there.

cheers:)

1 bit of advice - dont eat in the Chinese just on your way out of AV... truly awful!

thedignans Nov 12th 2007 3:25 pm

Hi there,

If only it was the week later and we could have came too. We land on the 3rd December oh well Mike and I will defo be at the next reccie trip..........as Permanent Residents Yea ha

julie