Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another Newbie

Another Newbie

Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Newbie

Originally Posted by catnikkie View Post
Hi, we are a family of four with children aged 6 and 3 (nearly 4). My husband is a bricklayer and multi skilled builder, I am an administrator, and we are both hoping to secure employment in Canada so that we can live our dream.
Hi, my hubby is a bricklayer, i'm a non working administor (minding littlies 3&5 just now). We are heading to LaSalle Ontario in Novemeber, lots of brick and stone buildings in south west Ontario.
Can't answer the school thing yet, will keep you posted when we land.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

kimber is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello we are new to canada to, we moved over in april 2007 and came over on a work permit, my husband is a bricklayer too, there is plenty of bricklaying work in south western ontario, but at the moment my husband is contracted to a company in oakville, and we live 2 hours from oakville, so he has to travel everyday, but we live in the elgin county of ontario and there is loads of work down this way, so canada does need brickies, so good luck to you all. As soon as our permanent residency comes through, he is thinking of starting up on his own too.

Also our two children aged 12 and 9 have settled into the canadian school life really well, they love it and have made lots of friends. Schooling is good over here, they start school at 9.15 and finish at 3.45.

good luck with everything
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimber View Post
Hello we are new to canada to, we moved over in april 2007 and came over on a work permit, my husband is a bricklayer too, there is plenty of bricklaying work in south western ontario, but at the moment my husband is contracted to a company in oakville, and we live 2 hours from oakville, so he has to travel everyday, but we live in the elgin county of ontario and there is loads of work down this way, so canada does need brickies, so good luck to you all. As soon as our permanent residency comes through, he is thinking of starting up on his own too.

Also our two children aged 12 and 9 have settled into the canadian school life really well, they love it and have made lots of friends. Schooling is good over here, they start school at 9.15 and finish at 3.45.

good luck with everything

We cant wait to get there; just waiting for house sale to complete, hopefully mid Nov. Weather may be bad when we land. Fingers crossed for hubbys work.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by manghams View Post
We cant wait to get there; just waiting for house sale to complete, hopefully mid Nov. Weather may be bad when we land. Fingers crossed for hubbys work.
GLAD YOU CAN'T WAIT TO GET HERE, WHERE ARE YOU MOVING TO? IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING?

SPEAK SOON
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by manghams View Post
SORRY I NEED TO WAKE UP, I SEE WHERE YOUR MOVING TO, IT'S LASALLE.
SORRY:

GOOD LUCK
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Another Newbie

Originally Posted by kimber View Post
SORRY I NEED TO WAKE UP, I SEE WHERE YOUR MOVING TO, IT'S LASALLE.
SORRY:

GOOD LUCK

Visitors have just left!!!! ....... I think I need a drink or sleep or both.
Now we are close to leaving our house is constantly full, day and night, cant get anything done. But I will miss that when we are alone....thats the only downside of moving.