Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another Meet up in Halifax for May anyone?

Another Meet up in Halifax for May anyone?

Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice
Default Re: Another Meet up in Halifax for May anyone?

Originally Posted by LiffyB
Have had a PM about a possible meet up in the valley - how does this sound to anyone? Day trip out anyone?
the valley as in Annapolis? I'm up for that!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Hi - the weekend sounds fine I'll sound out the guys I'm staying with just so they don't make anything concrete over the weekend. How about brunch somewhere?
ESMs won't do brunch on a Sunday (I don't think, someone can check). They don't usually open till 12pm (unless you think 12pm is brunch time on a Sunday )
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Hi - yes the Annapolis valley. For me it would have to be (in Annapolis) on a Sunday though as the folks I'm staying with have 'stuff' organised for Saturday.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:44 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good! But I may have to rely on the goodwill of Poppy2 to make the reservations as I won't be there until the 22nd May. I wouldn't want to leave it too late to make a booking if there is going to be quite a few of us.

Sister Poppy2 would this be OK?

Liff

How did I miss this?? Head up my own arse again!

So now what is the date of that Sunday? And where in the Valley are you thinking...............never been, always up for a day trip!!!!!

Tell me more!

It would be me, the OH, the 3 cling-ons and my mother who is visiting then too!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:24 am
Just Joined

tammy uk is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys also in canada from 17 oct - 31st , would love to meet up then
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi - yes the Annapolis valley. For me it would have to be (in Annapolis) on a Sunday though as the folks I'm staying with have 'stuff' organised for Saturday.
Are we talking Annapolis Royal? I'm up for that - I like the pub there (although there are other classier eating places). Annapolis Royal/Granville Ferry is a great place to visit Poppy2 if you haven't been down this way.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

How about Rosies Pub in Kentville or The Kings Arms in Kentville. Both good pubs. Rosies has a restaraunt attached to it for of a family place. Oh if you go to Windsor then go to the Spitfire Arms....owned by another Expat!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:55 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
How about Rosies Pub in Kentville or The Kings Arms in Kentville. Both good pubs. Rosies has a restaraunt attached to it for of a family place. Oh if you go to Windsor then go to the Spitfire Arms....owned by another Expat!
I should have known you people would have all the good pubs worked out!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy2
I should have known you people would have all the good pubs worked out!
BEER!! Woo hoo!
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's May.... what's the buzz?