Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another Meet up in Halifax for May anyone?

Another Meet up in Halifax for May anyone?

Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:36 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Meet up in Halifax for May anyone?

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
No...is there a downturn?.....that must be why no-one can sell their house then
Thanks for the sarcasm. It was an honest question for someone who is actually selling their house rather than listening to the media reports about how awful it is.

This board... sigh
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Lets change the subject back to the meet up shall we? Poppy2 any suggestions on a meet up date and time?

Liff
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Thanks for the sarcasm. It was an honest question for someone who is actually selling their house rather than listening to the media reports about how awful it is.

This board... sigh
Sorry, this house selling stuff is really stressful. You think that I am crabby on here...you should live with me!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:42 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think DNS was sarcastic at all, I thought that the original question regarding a downturn in the market, without the use of emoticons, was rather sarcastic sounding in itself. Just my opinion of course. And house selling is designed to make you short tempered and unbearable, at least it did that to me when we took 10 months last year to sell our house!

Back to the matter in hand...........well we didnt make it to the Eastside Marios meet up and have never in fact been........would it be too samey to go there again?

And what date do you fancy? The weekend seems to be a better bet for those who of course work and partners can come along etc.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy2
house selling is designed to make you short tempered and unbearable
Spoken like a woman who has experience in these things
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:00 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Spoken like a woman who has experience in these things
Too bloody, effing right :curse:
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:20 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, this house selling stuff is really stressful. You think that I am crabby on here...you should live with me!!

Feel for you its must be very very frustrating.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:24 pm
Éireann go Brách

Originally Posted by Poppy2
I dont think DNS was sarcastic at all, I thought that the original question regarding a downturn in the market, without the use of emoticons, was rather sarcastic sounding in itself. Just my opinion of course. And house selling is designed to make you short tempered and unbearable, at least it did that to me when we took 10 months last year to sell our house!

Back to the matter in hand...........well we didnt make it to the Eastside Marios meet up and have never in fact been........would it be too samey to go there again?

And what date do you fancy? The weekend seems to be a better bet for those who of course work and partners can come along etc.

Well it wasnt supposed to be. I was just interested how they were finding it being on the front line, so to speak, rather than this constant bombardment of negative news we get on TV regarding the downturn. ie was it as bad as they're saying.

Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Hi - the weekend sounds fine I'll sound out the guys I'm staying with just so they don't make anything concrete over the weekend. How about brunch somewhere?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Brown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant future

Hi

We should hopefully be able to make the meet up..!!
But will have 4 kiddies with us,

We fly over next friday 25th... Yippee..!!!
Can't wait..
Brunch sounds like a great idea

Look forward to it.

Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:32 pm
Since 010205

l i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nice

Hello

Possibly up for this - will check with OH as to our plans. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that kids eat free (1 per paying adult) at East Side Mario's at Bayer's on a Sunday so with a few kiddies coming may be a good option.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

giantcake is an unknown quantity at this point

myslef my bro and his girlfriend are over from 24th -31 so maybe we could join you. Im going to be in Annapolis valley area/ Wolfile prob but may beable to scrounge a lift.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds good! But I may have to rely on the goodwill of Poppy2 to make the reservations as I won't be there until the 22nd May. I wouldn't want to leave it too late to make a booking if there is going to be quite a few of us.

Sister Poppy2 would this be OK?

Liff
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

won't be able to make this meet, but have just booked our flights over for our recce, arriving on 28th June for 11 days
i'm sure others will be around then so hopefully another meet-up can be arranged, i hear the halifax celebrations for Canada Day are worth seeing!

have fun on your meet
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Have had a PM about a possible meet up in the valley - how does this sound to anyone? Day trip out anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.