Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Annual Leave in Canada

Wikiposts

Annual Leave in Canada

Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annual Leave in Canada

Originally Posted by bazzz
Oh, come on. Its says "READ ME: Newcomers to the forum" in mile-high letters of fire on the main forum page. Short of visiting each new member and branding it on to the their forehead, what more can be done?

Try a little patience love and understanding!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the big deal with someone asking the same question? As many have said you dont have to answer, you dont even have to read the thread if the subject matter bores you.

Maybe a new thread will get newer info, maybe something funny will be said. Its a place for conversation as well as reference.

PS MOH gets 2 weeks leave, they dont want him to take it all at once. I work part time for a hospital and get 4% holiday pay supplement.

Last edited by daft batty; Jan 24th 2008 at 3:12 am. Reason: answering the OP question
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

It's generally the same miserable people that offer negative comment.

My new employer offered me an official 15 days, I asked for 20 (not knowing about bank holidays, snow days, festival days and the million other days you get in Newfoundland) and he okayed it, although he asked me not to mention it to the other staff!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:33 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_tones_guy
It's generally the same miserable people that offer negative comment.

My new employer offered me an official 15 days, I asked for 20 (not knowing about bank holidays, snow days, festival days and the million other days you get in Newfoundland) and he okayed it, although he asked me not to mention it to the other staff!
My employer here has a somewhat hard line policy on snow days. Unless you get a phone call telling you the place is closed, it will be open, irrespective of whether the banks/schools/university are closed, busses pulled off the street etc. Should you be unable (or not feel comfortable with) making it in then feel free to take the time off from your vacation allowance or without pay if you happened to have used that all up.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
My employer here has a somewhat hard line policy on snow days. Unless you get a phone call telling you the place is closed, it will be open, irrespective of whether the banks/schools/university are closed, busses pulled off the street etc. Should you be unable (or not feel comfortable with) making it in then feel free to take the time off from your vacation allowance or without pay if you happened to have used that all up.
I think this thread has highlighted that there are rules that are hard wired but there is or is not flexability if needed.

I think I am very lucky with the new employer and and also very thankful too.

He mentioned they typically have 4-5 snow days

I have also been watching the Gower St webcam over the past few days (on and off), great snow coverage!!