Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Annual Diabetic costs in Ontario or BC?

Annual Diabetic costs in Ontario or BC?

Old Dec 27th 2020, 7:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annual Diabetic costs in Ontario or BC?

Originally Posted by Kairos2025
Forgot to include that daughter just started working, so we need 3 years of proof of income.
I can’t apply for PR as my CRS points are too low to be invited under Express Entry. Without job offer, around 411; if I manage to get a job offer within the next 3 years, I think I might qualify for Express Entry with 611.
What's your NOC code? Only a few eligible ones get 200 points for a job offer. But at 611, yes you'd definitely qualify for PR via EE, at that points level you'd get an invite in the next draw.

Your points seem quite high for somebody of near retirement age with an adult daughter though, assume you have a high level of post-secondary education and maybe some Canadian work experience?
Old Dec 27th 2020, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Kairos2025 is an unknown quantity at this point

Both wife and I studied to Masters level in Canadian Universities. I am hoping to apply for Lecturer’s position (Intercultural studies or Global Leadership) with PhD or a CEO/Director position in a charity, so was only guessing under (is that A or O)? Could be wrong. Previous job Head of Intercultural Studies and currently CEO of a humanitarian charity. Initially was thinking of retirement in Canada (Supervisa) but interacting with you, I think exploring Express Entry/PR could be a better route than Supervisa.
Old Dec 27th 2020, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Kairos2025 is an unknown quantity at this point

Both wife and I studied to Masters level in Canadian Universities. (No Canadian work experience). I am hoping to apply for Lecturer’s position (Intercultural studies or Global Leadership) with PhD or a CEO/Director position in a charity, so was only guessing the NOC under (is that A or O)? Could be wrong. Previous job Head of Intercultural Studies and currently CEO of a humanitarian charity. Initially was thinking of retirement in Canada (Supervisa) but interacting with you, I think exploring Express Entry/PR could be a better route than Supervisa.
Old Dec 27th 2020, 8:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kairos2025
Both wife and I studied to Masters level in Canadian Universities. (No Canadian work experience). I am hoping to apply for Lecturer’s position (Intercultural studies or Global Leadership) with PhD or a CEO/Director position in a charity, so was only guessing the NOC under (is that A or O)? Could be wrong. Previous job Head of Intercultural Studies and currently CEO of a humanitarian charity. Initially was thinking of retirement in Canada (Supervisa) but interacting with you, I think exploring Express Entry/PR could be a better route than Supervisa.
OK, yes the Canadian study will get you more points, so that'll be why yours is higher than most of your age would be.

NOC A or O level jobs aren't worth 200 points though, so you'd get 50 points for a job offer, taking you to 461ish.

If you don't plan to move for at least 3 years, then I'd just go down the parent sponsorship route personally. Much easier than trying to find a sponsoring job offer, plus then no requirements for things like IELTS or ECA, etc, so a much easier application overall. A Supervisa isn't for retirement in Canada, in fact that would be very much against the idea of it! It's purely for longer term visits, hence you need medical cover, and have to prove that you will return to your home country at the end of it.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 27th 2020 at 8:26 am.
Old Dec 27th 2020, 4:17 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
As a retired Canadian Citizen, presumably a previous PR, I can tell you that under OHIP all drug costs are covered for Seniors, of which I am one(over 65) I have a healthy drug regimen(12 different drugs daily) including Insulin, and do not pay one cent for my drug supplies. I can’t speak to drug coverage arrangements for seniors in other provinces but in Ontario it is excellent.
Not strictly true. Not all drugs are covered and there is a deductable depending on income, there are two income brackets I think.