British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Andrew- Confusion - PR card and Stamp (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/andrew-confusion-pr-card-stamp-109641/)

Manish Jul 20th 2002 2:06 pm

Andrew- Confusion - PR card and Stamp

I have read in some Postings that New Permanent residents who are landing after 28june will get PR card at the Canadian Address if they provide it.
I have also read that New Landed PR get the Landing Document Stamped as “ NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL AFTER 6 MONTHS� does it mean that if they want to leave Canada before they get PR card They can not travel?

What about the Immigrants who landed before June 28th, they do not have PR card as the Form to apply for PR card from with in Canada will be available after September 15, 2002 only and it will take time.
Suppose a landed Immigrant who landed before 28th June leaves Canada for FEW DAYS now and Enters again Canada on August 30, will he/she also get the STAMP NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL AFTER 6 Months? If he/she gets that Stamp How will he/she will be again able to travel with out the Pr card if one does not have?
I hope youwill clear this point

Andrew Miller Jul 20th 2002 6:20 pm

Re: Andrew- Confusion - PR card and Stamp

Same question has been answered already few times in past week or so.

Only immigrants landing with IMM 1000 after June 28th have their landing papers
stamped with "Not valid for travel after 6 months".

As for receipt of PR Card by mail for those who land after June 28th - it is not
just any Canadian address, one must provide CIC with his or her **residential
address** in Canada.

Those with landing papers stamped with 6 months travel restriction can leave and come
back as they wish - but they will not be able to board a plane bound to Canada after
6 months from their original landing without PR Card.

Again - those immigrants who really intent to make Canada home will have no problems
with such stamp or with application for PR Card. "Strangely" only those who want
Canadian PR as a backup in the case their US employment or GC process fail have any
concerns here...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Manish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have read in some Postings that New Permanent residents who are landing after
    > 28june will get PR card at the Canadian Address if they provide it. I have also
    > read that New Landed PR get the Landing Document Stamped as “ NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL
    > AFTER 6 MONTHSâ€? does it mean that if they want to leave Canada before they get PR
    > card They can not travel?
    >
    > What about the Immigrants who landed before June 28th, they do not have PR card as
    > the Form to apply for PR card from with in Canada will be available after September
    > 15, 2002 only and it will take time. Suppose a landed Immigrant who landed before
    > 28th June leaves Canada for FEW DAYS now and Enters again Canada on August 30, will
    > he/she also get the STAMP NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL AFTER 6 Months? If he/she gets that
    > Stamp How will he/she will be again able to travel with out the Pr card if one does
    > not have? I hope youwill clear this point
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Manish Jul 23rd 2002 12:40 pm

Andrew is it TRUE? becaue I read it in some othe newsgrop

Posted by KUNK on July 21, 19102 at 08:49:23:
Those who are Landing after 28 June get the STAMP,
Those who landed before 28th DO NOT GET ANY STAMP even if they renter Canadaor leave Canada and then again renter ,this is valid till december 2003 but after that they need PR card for travel

One of my friend Landed in Feb 2002 was in Canada till July 10 and left Canada on 11 July for short Vist he Entred again Canada on 19 july his Landing documentor Record of Landing was NOT stamped as NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL AFTER 6 Months, so it shows that those who compleated Landing prior to 28 DO NOT GET STAMP.

Andew
FYI I am NOT H1 ,F1,J1 V1 D1 S1 L2 R1 Q1 Visa holder for USA, in most of your postings you do not forget to write about Some Visa holders for US. You imagin that anybody who asks any question has some visa for US but this is NOT my case.

Regards

Andrew Miller Jul 23rd 2002 3:20 pm

As far as I know it is true. I haven't heard any report to the contrary yet.

--

../..

sending email)

> Andrew is it TRUE? becaue I read it in some othe newsgrop
    >
    > Posted by KUNK on July 21, 19102 at 08:49:23:
    > ****
    > Those who are Landing after 28 June get the STAMP, Those who landed before 28th DO
    > NOT GET ANY STAMP even if they renter Canadaor leave Canada and then again renter
    > ,this is valid till december 2003 but after that they need PR card for travel
    >
    >
    > One of my friend Landed in Feb 2002 was in Canada till July 10 and left Canada on
    > 11 July for short Vist he Entred again Canada on 19 july his Landing documentor
    > Record of Landing was NOT stamped as NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL AFTER 6 Months, so it
    > shows that those who compleated Landing prior to 28 DO NOT GET STAMP.
    >
    > *****
    > Andew FYI I am NOT H1 ,F1,J1 V1 D1 S1 L2 R1 Q1 Visa holder for USA, in most of your
    > postings you do not forget to write about Some Visa holders for US. You imagin that
    > anybody who asks any question has some visa for US but this is NOT my case.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Sherif Jul 27th 2002 12:20 am

I landed June 25 and I didn't have any stamps (no restrictions) SAM

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:<YTd%[email protected]> ...
    > As far as I know it is true. I haven't heard any report to the contrary yet.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ../..
    >
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > "Manish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Andrew is it TRUE? becaue I read it in some othe newsgrop
    > >
    > > Posted by KUNK on July 21, 19102 at 08:49:23:
    > > ****
    > > Those who are Landing after 28 June get the STAMP, Those who landed before 28th
    > > DO NOT GET ANY STAMP even if they renter Canadaor leave Canada and then again
    > > renter ,this is valid till december 2003 but after that they need PR card for
    > > travel
    > >
    > >
    > > One of my friend Landed in Feb 2002 was in Canada till July 10 and left Canada on
    > > 11 July for short Vist he Entred again Canada on 19 july his Landing documentor
    > > Record of Landing was NOT stamped as NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL AFTER 6 Months, so it
    > > shows that those who compleated Landing prior to 28 DO NOT GET STAMP.
    > >
    > > *****
    > > Andew FYI I am NOT H1 ,F1,J1 V1 D1 S1 L2 R1 Q1 Visa holder for USA, in most of
    > > your postings you do not forget to write about Some Visa holders for US. You
    > > imagin that anybody who asks any question has some visa for US but this is NOT
    > > my case.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --

Manish Jul 27th 2002 12:46 am

Sherif,
ypu have landed on 25th June before the New law or 28th June that is Why you do NOT have STAMP.

The Question is that at this time if you are in Canada you do not have Forms available to Apply for PR Card, Forms will be available after Sep/OCT 2002 Then you should apply for PR card in Canada and you should Pick up your PR Card in Canada.

The new law says that one can stay out of Canada for 3 years in any five years, Suppose if you leave Canada Now and you stay out of Canada beyound 2003 December, it will NOT be 3 years and the IMM 1000 is Valid till December 2003 ONLY. If you want to enter Canada after December 2003 you can not Board a Plane for Canada with ild PR Paper Document.
here you see the Contradiction in Law, How you will enter? I hope Canada Counsulate may issue some documents as you will not be having PR Card and you IMM1000 will NOt be valid for Travel and you Should have not stayed more than 2 years.
I hope Andrew may have answer for such a question.

Andrew Miller Jul 27th 2002 2:21 am

There is no contradiction in law at all.

The relaxed residency obligation (2 out of 5 years) in the new law is intended to
accommodate those who made Canada their home and due to various reasons (business
travel, study, etc.) travel a lot and thus are absent from Canada for a prolonged
period of time. This relaxed residency obligation has not been intended to
accommodate those who don't intend to move permanently to Canada but want to keep
their PR status for other reasons. Note that in our legal system intention of the law
is as important as often plain letter of the law.

All permanent residents who landed prior to June 28th 2002 will be able to apply for
PR Card within Canada (and pick it up in person when issued) after October 15th, so
there is plenty of time to get one before the end of 2003.

--

../..

sending email)

> Sherif, ypu have landed on 25th June before the New law or 28th June that is Why
    > you do NOT have STAMP.
    >
    > The Question is that at this time if you are in Canada you do not have Forms
    > available to Apply for PR Card, Forms will be available after Sep/OCT 2002 Then you
    > should apply for PR card in Canada and you should Pick up your PR Card in Canada.
    >
    > The new law says that one can stay out of Canada for 3 years in any five years,
    > Suppose if you leave Canada Now and you stay out of Canada beyound 2003 December,
    > it will NOT be 3 years and the IMM 1000 is Valid till December 2003 ONLY. If you
    > want to enter Canada after December 2003 you can not Board a Plane for Canada with
    > ild PR Paper Document. here you see the Contradiction in Law, How you will enter? I
    > hope Canada Counsulate may issue some documents as you will not be having PR Card
    > and you IMM1000 will NOt be valid for Travel and you Should have not stayed more
    > than 2 years. I hope Andrew may have answer for such a question.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Jaj Jul 27th 2002 7:19 am

Andrew As I have pointed out previously, it appears that although the 2/5 residency
obligation is retrospective, the requirement to obtain a PR card effectively means
that all Canadian permanent residents living overseas must physically move back to
Canada by end 2003?

Jeremy

>On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 02:00:50 GMT, "Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote: There
    >is no contradiction in law at all.
    >
    >The relaxed residency obligation (2 out of 5 years) in the new law is intended to
    >accommodate those who made Canada their home and due to various reasons (business
    >travel, study, etc.) travel a lot and thus are absent from Canada for a prolonged
    >period of time. This relaxed residency obligation has not been intended to
    >accommodate those who don't intend to move permanently to Canada but want to keep
    >their PR status for other reasons. Note that in our legal system intention of the
    >law is as important as often plain letter of the law.
    >
    >All permanent residents who landed prior to June 28th 2002 will be able to apply for
    >PR Card within Canada (and pick it up in person when issued) after October 15th, so
    >there is plenty of time to get one before the end of 2003.
    >
    >--
    >
    >../..
    >
    >Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    >millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    >sending email)
    >________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    >"Manish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Sherif, ypu have landed on 25th June before the New law or 28th June that is Why
    >> you do NOT have STAMP.
    >>
    >> The Question is that at this time if you are in Canada you do not have Forms
    >> available to Apply for PR Card, Forms will be available after Sep/OCT 2002 Then
    >> you should apply for PR card in Canada and you should Pick up your PR Card in
    >> Canada.
    >>
    >> The new law says that one can stay out of Canada for 3 years in any five years,
    >> Suppose if you leave Canada Now and you stay out of Canada beyound 2003 December,
    >> it will NOT be 3 years and the IMM 1000 is Valid till December 2003 ONLY. If you
    >> want to enter Canada after December 2003 you can not Board a Plane for Canada with
    >> ild PR Paper Document. here you see the Contradiction in Law, How you will enter?
    >> I hope Canada Counsulate may issue some documents as you will not be having PR
    >> Card and you IMM1000 will NOt be valid for Travel and you Should have not stayed
    >> more than 2 years. I hope Andrew may have answer for such a question.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >

Andrew Miller Jul 27th 2002 7:19 am

Jeremy,

Not in every case. Those who won't obtain PR Card by end of next year may be able to
apply for a travel document in Canadian visa post if they can prove that they met
residency obligations. If they are unable to prove it then determination of loss of
status will be made simply abroad. It looks like for many abusers the hassle will be
too great to go through it and they will just give up. Just a thought...

--

../..

sending email)

"JAJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Andrew As I have pointed out previously, it appears that although the 2/5 residency
    > obligation is retrospective, the requirement to obtain a PR card effectively means
    > that all Canadian permanent residents living overseas must physically move back to
    > Canada by end 2003?
    >
    > Jeremy
    >
    > >On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 02:00:50 GMT, "Andrew Miller"
<millercitelus.net> wrote:
    > >There is no contradiction in law at all.
    > >
    > >The relaxed residency obligation (2 out of 5 years) in the new law is
intended
    > >to accommodate those who made Canada their home and due to various reasons
    > >(business travel, study, etc.) travel a lot and thus are absent from Canada
for
    > >a prolonged period of time. This relaxed residency obligation has not been
    > >intended to accommodate those who don't intend to move permanently to Canada but
    > >want to keep their PR status for other reasons. Note that in our legal system
    > >intention of the law is as important as often plain letter of the
law.
    > >
    > >All permanent residents who landed prior to June 28th 2002 will be able to apply
    > >for PR Card within Canada (and pick it up in person when issued) after October
    > >15th, so there is plenty of time to get one before the end of 2003.
    > >
    > >--
    > >
    > >../..
    > >
    > >Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > >millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > >sending email)
    > >________________________________
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >"Manish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> Sherif, ypu have landed on 25th June before the New law or 28th June that is Why
    > >> you do NOT have STAMP.
    > >>
    > >> The Question is that at this time if you are in Canada you do not have Forms
    > >> available to Apply for PR Card, Forms will be available after Sep/OCT 2002 Then
    > >> you should apply for PR card in Canada and you should Pick up your PR Card in
    > >> Canada.
    > >>
    > >> The new law says that one can stay out of Canada for 3 years in any five years,
    > >> Suppose if you leave Canada Now and you stay out of Canada beyound 2003
    > >> December, it will NOT be 3 years and the IMM 1000 is Valid till December 2003
    > >> ONLY. If you want to enter Canada after December 2003 you can not Board a Plane
    > >> for Canada with ild PR Paper Document. here you see the Contradiction in Law,
    > >> How you will enter? I hope Canada Counsulate may issue some documents as you
    > >> will not be having PR Card and you IMM1000 will NOt be valid for Travel and you
    > >> Should have not stayed more than 2 years. I hope Andrew may have answer for such
    > >> a question.
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >