Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Alternatives to Van in BC??

Wikiposts

Alternatives to Van in BC??

Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Question Alternatives to Van in BC??

Hi guys,
Given the recent debate about Vancouver being clogged up, just wondered what other areas in BC youd reccomend as i am quite willing to consider alternatives!

Stu
Old Dec 16th 2005, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alternatives to Van in BC??

Hi Stuart

There are some beautiful areas to be found in BC. You might want to browse www.britishcolumbia.com - the regions section has useful information about the different areas of the province.

If you are considering the Okanagan Valley... we have a small site dealing with the area and you may be able to find some information there.

Cheers

Oggy
Old Dec 17th 2005, 5:11 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
If you are considering the Okanagan Valley... we have a small site dealing with the area and you may be able to find some information there.

Cheers

Oggy
Hi Nessie -
if you have any influence with the owners of that group, can they change the colours?

I have to highlight the whole page to be able to read it (on my browser it comes up black on blue - until I highlight it....)

Cheers
Clare
Old Dec 17th 2005, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClareBC
Hi Nessie -
if you have any influence with the owners of that group, can they change the colours?

I have to highlight the whole page to be able to read it (on my browser it comes up black on blue - until I highlight it....)

Cheers
Clare
Hi Clare

I'm assuming that you are using FireFox to view the site. The server is on a IE platform and will support Opera without many changes, but presently FireFox isn't supported well. It is certainly an inconvenience in viewing... I agree it looks horrible when using that browser.

Restructuring of the servers is presently underway and it's hopeful that all browsers will be able to operate the site properly.

Oggy
Old Dec 17th 2005, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

lipards is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
Hi Stuart

There are some beautiful areas to be found in BC. You might want to browse www.britishcolumbia.com - the regions section has useful information about the different areas of the province.

Cheers

Oggy
I have checked your forum, great place. One issue, I bet you use IE only, when viewed by Firefox, the whole forum looks terrible (very dark color both text and background, made the forum almost un-readable).
Old Dec 17th 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lipards

We agree, as per last post. Try and upgrade to FireFox 1.5 and you'll be able to see this site and others clearly.

Cheers

Oggy
Old Dec 18th 2005, 7:53 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stuartm
Hi guys,
Given the recent debate about Vancouver being clogged up, just wondered what other areas in BC youd reccomend as i am quite willing to consider alternatives!

Stu

Stu

Join the Brits2Van group - it is not just Vancouver, but all lower mainland and a fairly active group in Nanimo (sp?) too. You might get some good ideas of other areas of BC....?

Clare