All things money!!

Wikiposts

All things money!!

Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Jimjoiner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default All things money!!

Hi everyone

I am really sorry if I am going over very old ground but...

I am awaiting an LMO decision from an employer in the Windsor Ontario area and hope this will come through soon

If/when it does Mrs J and I plan to fly to Toronto POE and get our TWP and Spousal permits processed. While there we will also do some setting up - social numbers, Ontario driving licence etc - and will also need to buy 2 cars.
We then plan to return home, hand in our notice to UK jobs before returning a couple of weeks later for a fresh start in Canada

Now the questions:
* We will need a fund buy the 2 cars on our reccy trip - what is the best way of transferring money for this purpose? Thousands of canadian dollars seems extremely impracticable in cash
* Mrs J and I will need to set up a bank account for us to use in Canada - how do we do this from the UK? And are there any Banks/Accounts that are super friendly to Welshmen who are as green as the grass that our sheep feast upon ?

Grateful for any advice re all things financial - as to be honest I probably haven't even thought of all the questions yet!!

Cheers
JJ
Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:44 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All things money!!

Did you read the wiki?
Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:51 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Mr J.....welcome to the forum and hope the work offer comes through soonest for ya!

I do have an account where you can dump the Dosh into
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Jimjoiner is an unknown quantity at this point

So embarrassed that i hadn't reqad the Wiki before posting - thanks iaink

I thought ultrarunner's idea sounded ok until I read the Wiki