British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   For al those thinking of going to Ontario! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/al-those-thinking-going-ontario-594485/)

Jo.Ru_onway Mar 3rd 2009 11:51 pm

Re: For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 7342918)
My main challenge at the mo' is wondering wtf is Wivenhoe? And whether it has connections to the outside world.

One is reluctant to google.

Now, now watch your bp. It's a small village and is very easily googled, there's your next challenge !
moment......

Novocastrian Mar 3rd 2009 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway (Post 7342936)
Now, now watch your bp. It's a small village and is very easily googled, there's your next challenge !
moment......

G'wan, give me a clue. Is it in England?

Tangram Mar 3rd 2009 11:53 pm

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Jo.Ru_onway;7342871]Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.[/QUOTE

I think you're wrong, according to census -

Jo.Ru_onway Mar 3rd 2009 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 7342928)
I'm sure the majority of people in England are English but I am interested to know which is your hated minority of choice. Poles? Pakistanis? Albanians? Australians? Hassidic Jews? Tongans?

The majority of people in England are British.
I have no hated minority which is yours as i am just as interested to know that ?

Novocastrian Mar 3rd 2009 11:55 pm

[QUOTE=Tangram;7342944]

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway (Post 7342871)
Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.[/QUOTE

Maybe she's not white and has a problem with being English?

Jo.Ru_onway Mar 3rd 2009 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 7342942)
G'wan, give me a clue. Is it in England?

Yup but i ain't gonna ! tell you

dbd33 Mar 3rd 2009 11:57 pm

[QUOTE=Tangram;7342944]

Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.[/QUOTE

That's about colour, not nationality. There's no conflict between being Black and being English.

Jo.Ru_onway Mar 3rd 2009 11:58 pm

[QUOTE=Novocastrian;7342953]

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 7342944)

Maybe she's not white and has a problem with being English?

Perhaps I'm a European lesbian

dbd33 Mar 3rd 2009 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway (Post 7342949)
I have no hated minority which is yours as i am just as interested to know that ?

I dislike Chinese drivers.

Who then are the majority in Great Britain if it's neither the British nor the English?

Jo.Ru_onway Mar 3rd 2009 11:59 pm

[QUOTE=dbd33;7342959]

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 7342944)

That's about colour, not nationality. There's no conflict between being Black and being English.

Who on earth said anything about it being black ?

Alan2005 Mar 4th 2009 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway (Post 7342949)

I think racism and homophobia aren't acceptable in humour - however I'm happy to see religious people mocked relentlessly which I guess makes me a hypocrite (I also feel guilty cos you shouldn't take the mickey out of the mentally ill).

StormTrooper73 Mar 4th 2009 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway (Post 7342904)
No, your just trying to get me to say it so everyone can go loopy at me

Why would anyone go loopy at you? Be proud of what you are thats fine but dont hate others different to you.

The biggest problem with racists is that they know racism is wrong.

dbd33 Mar 4th 2009 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway (Post 7342972)
Who on earth said anything about it being black ?

You made the mealy mouthed comment:

Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.

which might reasonably be interpreted to refer to ethnicity. Do us a favour, tell us what you're on about.

Novocastrian Mar 4th 2009 12:03 am

[QUOTE=Jo.Ru_onway;7342964]

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 7342953)
Perhaps I'm a European lesbian

I'm assuming that you're European. Whether you're a lesbian is immaterial to me.

Jo.Ru_onway Mar 4th 2009 12:05 am

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 7342968)
I dislike Chinese drivers.

Who then are the majority in Great Britain if it's neither the British nor the English?

I don't like fish, but apart from that i don't really dislike anybody or any nationality, especially as most of my family are African ( i hated my pe taecher at school cos she made me put my hair up ) but thats about it.
It's the M word but I'm saying no more than that as it's late here and i'm too tired to get into a debate over it, but i have NOT said i dislike these just that they are probably the majority and if not now they will be one day.