Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of
Default Re: For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
My main challenge at the mo' is wondering wtf is Wivenhoe? And whether it has connections to the outside world.

One is reluctant to google.
Now, now watch your bp. It's a small village and is very easily googled, there's your next challenge !
moment......
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway
Now, now watch your bp. It's a small village and is very easily googled, there's your next challenge !
moment......
G'wan, give me a clue. Is it in England?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jo.Ru_onway;7342871]Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.[/QUOTE

I think you're wrong, according to census -
Attached Thumbnails For al those thinking of going to Ontario!-_38815943_ethnicity_pie_300.gif  
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm sure the majority of people in England are English but I am interested to know which is your hated minority of choice. Poles? Pakistanis? Albanians? Australians? Hassidic Jews? Tongans?
The majority of people in England are British.
I have no hated minority which is yours as i am just as interested to know that ?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Tangram;7342944]
Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.[/QUOTE

Maybe she's not white and has a problem with being English?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

G'wan, give me a clue. Is it in England?
Yup but i ain't gonna ! tell you
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Tangram;7342944]
Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.[/QUOTE

That's about colour, not nationality. There's no conflict between being Black and being English.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Novocastrian;7342953]
Originally Posted by Tangram

Maybe she's not white and has a problem with being English?
Perhaps I'm a European lesbian
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no hated minority which is yours as i am just as interested to know that ?
I dislike Chinese drivers.

Who then are the majority in Great Britain if it's neither the British nor the English?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=dbd33;7342959]
Originally Posted by Tangram

That's about colour, not nationality. There's no conflict between being Black and being English.
Who on earth said anything about it being black ?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:00 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I think racism and homophobia aren't acceptable in humour - however I'm happy to see religious people mocked relentlessly which I guess makes me a hypocrite (I also feel guilty cos you shouldn't take the mickey out of the mentally ill).
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

StormTrooper73 has a brilliant futureStormTrooper73 has a brilliant futureStormTrooper73 has a brilliant futureStormTrooper73 has a brilliant futureStormTrooper73 has a brilliant futureStormTrooper73 has a brilliant future

No, your just trying to get me to say it so everyone can go loopy at me
Why would anyone go loopy at you? Be proud of what you are thats fine but dont hate others different to you.

The biggest problem with racists is that they know racism is wrong.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:02 am
Assimilated Pauper

Who on earth said anything about it being black ?
You made the mealy mouthed comment:

Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.
which might reasonably be interpreted to refer to ethnicity. Do us a favour, tell us what you're on about.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:03 am
Born again atheist

[QUOTE=Jo.Ru_onway;7342964]
Perhaps I'm a European lesbian
I'm assuming that you're European. Whether you're a lesbian is immaterial to me.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
I dislike Chinese drivers.

Who then are the majority in Great Britain if it's neither the British nor the English?
I don't like fish, but apart from that i don't really dislike anybody or any nationality, especially as most of my family are African ( i hated my pe taecher at school cos she made me put my hair up ) but thats about it.
It's the M word but I'm saying no more than that as it's late here and i'm too tired to get into a debate over it, but i have NOT said i dislike these just that they are probably the majority and if not now they will be one day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.