Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of
Default Re: For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Yes, they do. But they're wrong.

Finger pointing at minorities (or majorities) and toilet humour are lower.
And who prey tell decides who are in the majority and who are in the minority ? people who think they are in a better position to decide than others ?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:01 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway
And who prey tell decides who are in the majority and who are in the minority ? people who think they are in a better position to decide than others ?
I guess it's simple maths.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Several. Wasn't it clear the first time?

<sigh>

The point being that in the context of smoking cigarettes, "fag" is a British slang. We're British.

In the context of the original cartoon, fag is used ambivalently both in that context and as a perjorative towards gay couples.

The intended audience is not obvious, but I suppose a certain group of ignorant Brits might find it titillating.
Smoking - thats another whole debate .....
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

<sigh>

The point being that in the context of smoking cigarettes, "fag" is a British slang. We're British.

In the context of the original cartoon, fag is used ambivalently both in that context and as a perjorative towards gay couples.

The intended audience is not obvious, but I suppose a certain group of ignorant Brits might find it titillating.
And who is going to judge who the ignorant ones are - uuuumm let me guess....
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

I also believe that I am now in a minority as I'm actually English not British.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:17 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You should certainly go first in the selection...
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I also believe that I am now in a minority as I'm actually English not British.
How interesting. You seem to make a distinction which escapes me completely. But I'm mathematically challenged anyway. Are the British in a majority anywhere except Britain? Or possibly, if you read the Daily Mail, not even there?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

You should certainly go first in the selection...
And guess who'd be right up there pointing their judgemental little finger at me ?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:27 pm
Born again atheist

And guess who'd be right up there pointing their judgemental little finger at me ?

No, no. You misunderstand me. Please rank the posters on this thread in terms of apparent ignorance.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

<sigh>

I think the intended audience is comprised of homophobic smokers. Given that the audience is expected to have heard of Ontario that audience must be in Canada. I think it's aimed at Albertans.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

How interesting. You seem to make a distinction which escapes me completely. But I'm mathematically challenged anyway. Are the British in a majority anywhere except Britain? Or possibly, if you read the Daily Mail, not even there?
Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

No, no. You misunderstand me. Please rank the posters on this thread in terms of apparent ignorance.
6,946 !
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story
I don't. Please enlighten me.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:36 pm
Born again atheist

Come now, I can't believe anything would escape you ...and i'm sure you overcome all your challenges, I think that both the British and the English are now a minority in Great Britain, we all know who the majority are now - but again thats another story - one of which i no doubt am sure everyone has their own opinion on.
I'm also a bit puzzled.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:37 pm
Born again atheist

6,946 !
Do you mean 42?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.