Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: For al those thinking of going to Ontario!

Originally Posted by dbd33
The difference is that a blonde joke typically contains a punch line that depends on knowing that blondes are stupid, arguably that's demeaning to blondes but the point is the punch line. There's no joke in the link posted, it's just insult, hate speech if you will. There's no word for blondes that's specifically insulting in the same way as "fag", "nigger" or "paki" is insulting to the target and that's why blonde jokes can be used in Canada while homophobic or racist terms cannot.

Mind, I put this more succintly upthread.
Originally Posted by JonboyE
First off, a joke needs to be funny.

Would I laugh at a joke about a woman? Of course, if it was funny. Would I laugh at joke about a woman where the woman was only referred to in derogatory terms like bitch or slag? No.
Well it was just a joke!! I thought it was funny, I think people just need to lightne up. I have been called worse but hey ho!!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by act1980
Well it was just a joke!! I thought it was funny, I think people just need to lightne up. I have been called worse but hey ho!!
Hear, hear, it was just a bit of Friday afternoon humour to make people chuckle after a long week at work, you know the Friday feeling.......
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
Hear, hear, it was just a bit of Friday afternoon humour to make people chuckle after a long week at work, you know the Friday feeling.......
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Is it a good idea to get married to anyone from Ontario whatever sex
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It is only funny, well mildly amusing at best, if you think it is OK to call a homosexual man a fag. Would you call him that to his face?

And, before you all jump on the "PC gawn mad" bandwagon, there is a difference between being PC and treating people with a modicum of decency and respect.

As far as I am concerned, anyone who thinks this sort of "humour" is funny is a bit of a ****.

I think you need a sense of humour transplant as obviously you have none.

The joke is, its a play on words, a fag in the US is a homosexual, a fag in the UK is a cigarette, funny, see, gettit.... ?? obviously not.. (not gay are you?.. probably not as a someone gay would also see the funny side)..

Fag in the US is a term for being gay, a queer, limp wristed.. why would a gay person be offended for being called ... erm... gay ??

I can honestly say mate, you have a problem.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

And when was the last time you read the bible redwing ?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jo.Ru_onway
Is it a good idea to get married to anyone from Ontario whatever sex
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Redwingy2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Does Sunday school count?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Can you remember that far back
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Yep, Sunday school counts!!!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Can you remember that far back
Na...I got lost after 'Ba Ba black sheep'......
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

That should be ba ba coloured sheep, surely
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Or ba ba sheepess ?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Or ba ba sheepess ?
or somewhat nondescript sheep explained to the children by teacher on the black (sorry) chalk (of no particular colour) board?....
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

And what are we to call a gay sheep i wonder ? wellington !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.