air travel

Old Apr 18th 2010, 3:14 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: air travel

Originally Posted by Pamela 1
I just posted on another thread that we are Brits who are supposed to be flying back to Toronto having spent all winter here. We go on April 28th but way things are going doesn't look like it unless weather changes by the weekend so we are looking at getting to Spain and flying out of Barcelona or Madrid. We live in Canada so really want to get back.
A friend of mine just queued 1.5 hrs to get tickets to Santander from Madrid. No hire cars.
Ferries full til next week, but thankfully he had booked on Friday.
He also commented that there was a rail strike in France.

All the best with your plans, but be careful if using the continent - lots of problems there too.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

As a whole the International Air Transport Association estimates daily losses of $200 million US to just the airlines each day they dont fly.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate it's a PITA for anyone caught up in this, and for once it's not really anyone's fault, but I did have a giggle to myself when I thought how ironic it would have been if Unite had arranged for the BA cabin crew to strike this weekend? I mean, a strike's a strike, what would they have done? Told the crew to go back to work and strike when the planes are flying again.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

My wife is due to fly back from the UK on Wednesday. That's looking doubtful!!
Perhaps I will have to that ironing...