Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Air Transat & pets

Air Transat & pets

Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

landy_andy has a spectacular aura aboutlandy_andy has a spectacular aura aboutlandy_andy has a spectacular aura about
Default Air Transat & pets

Hi,

We have just booked our dog onto our Air Transat flight from Gatwick to Calgary in July. Was really easy and cost £300ish...

The shipping company told me that they can take about 5/6 pets depending upon transport kennel size etc.

Cheers,
Andy

BTW, we have a new & unused Large Vari Kennel Deluxe for sale. Purchased 6 mths ago but the dog's outgrown it so we've had to get another. See it here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120127526596
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

cynthia2373 will become famous soon enoughcynthia2373 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Air Transat & pets

Glad you got your passports OK yesterday!
Thanks for letting us know you managed to book your dog on AT. Any chance you could give me the number you called?
Thanks very much and good luck with Canada and the new build!!

Take care,

Cynthia

Originally Posted by landy_andy
Hi,

We have just booked our dog onto our Air Transat flight from Gatwick to Calgary in July. Was really easy and cost £300ish...

The shipping company told me that they can take about 5/6 pets depending upon transport kennel size etc.

Cheers,
Andy

BTW, we have a new & unused Large Vari Kennel Deluxe for sale. Purchased 6 mths ago but the dog's outgrown it so we've had to get another. See it here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120127526596
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Hi,

Cheers,
Andy

Did you book it recently? I thought they had stopped taking pets? Or are you going through a cargo company?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Hi,

Cheers,
Andy

Hi
From previous recent posts I was led to believe that Air transat had stopped taking pets. How have you booked this??
we are in the process of rehoming our dogs cos the cheapest we could get them across for was just short of 3k, this and the fact that we can't find any where decent to rent with two big dogs.
We had intended to have the dogs flown over after us but as the house is still unsold we won't be able to buy quickly as we ahd planned
Any info greatly received

jo
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind the number you contacted too, we'll be bringing ours over next year.

Jo, that must be terrible, having to re-home your dogs.

Sharon
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

landy_andy has a spectacular aura aboutlandy_andy has a spectacular aura aboutlandy_andy has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

From what we can tell they stopped taking pets as excess baggage and now use a freight cargo company to handle them. We booked ours 2 weeks ago for a flight at the end of July. If you need to make a booking you need to ring Freight Marketing Services on 01784 431831, ask for David or Mark. Check space availability on the proposed flight date before you book the tickets as there limited to 5/6 animals per flight.

Cheers,
Andy & Jackie
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Andy.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:53 am
Just Joined

workmanlm2 is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I too had heard rumours that Air Transat had stopped taking pets as excess baggage. They ARE stopping taking pets as excess baggage, but not until November 2007. If you fly before then you'll be able to get your pet on as excess baggage on your flight. I spend 45min on the phone with 3 different people at Air Transat asking the same set of questions over and over, so I am very certain this is the case.

Since I am leaving with my cat in August and didn't fancy spending over £700 for tickets for me and my cat with Air Canada. I am very glad I spent the time ringing Air Transat. My ticket cost about £350 and my cat cost £112. Much better!!!