Air Transat

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Air Transat

Hello, when you book with Air Transat online paying with CC, do you have to show the CC at check in ?
Thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 5:35 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Transat

To be honest our flight was October last year, but from memory I can not remember being asked for the credit card we booked with.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Generally no, but if the airline suspects fraud they may ask for it, but its not usually the norm.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Bemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond repute

We went in May this year and we were not asked for it. BUT...you never know, its always safer to have it with you just in case
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replies, I want to book a flight for my son but he'll be in UK and the CC is in Canada.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 12:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I've flown them a bunch of times and never have been asked for it. I don't imagine it's something they'll ask for often either, more of just a fraud thing. I wouldn't worry about it. (How many people book and then close an account, or have their cards expire between booking and flying, or have their cards compromised and have to be issued new ones?)
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

I have flown Air Transat a few times and have never been asked for the credit card.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:52 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Could be worth phoning AT and asking them. We've phoned them a few times in the past with a couple of questions and they have always been very helpful indeed.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for replies.
If I book with them I'll call them and ask.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Travelled with AT many times and never been asked for the CC used to purchase the ticket.

Last time I travelled with one of the children (aged 12). Mrs jimf was present when we checked in at Calgary airport but AT still insisted on us completing a form stating that the other parent was ok with the travel arrangements. I did ask AT at what age the form was no longer a requirement and they initially said 18 but then said 16 but they didn't really seem to know. On the way back from the UK the AT staff didn't ask for any form but the Canadian immigration officer asked about the form but didn't actually insist on seeing it.

The children may travel to the UK this summer without either parent. The eldest is 16 and the youngest 12 so they should be able to travel together according to the AT policy. I just wonder if some kind of parental authorisation document would be required for this situation and where the official rules are stated?
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
Travelled with AT many times and never been asked for the CC used to purchase the ticket.

Last time I travelled with one of the children (aged 12). Mrs jimf was present when we checked in at Calgary airport but AT still insisted on us completing a form stating that the other parent was ok with the travel arrangements. I did ask AT at what age the form was no longer a requirement and they initially said 18 but then said 16 but they didn't really seem to know. On the way back from the UK the AT staff didn't ask for any form but the Canadian immigration officer asked about the form but didn't actually insist on seeing it.

The children may travel to the UK this summer without either parent. The eldest is 16 and the youngest 12 so they should be able to travel together according to the AT policy. I just wonder if some kind of parental authorisation document would be required for this situation and where the official rules are stated?
No rules, as such, but here is a link to the relevant "guidance": http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
No rules, as such, but here is a link to the relevant "guidance": Recommended consent letter for children travelling abroad - Travel.gc.ca
This looks like the form we were given to complete. We didn't provide the birth certificate number as we didn't have it with us.

In theory even when parents do travel with a child just because they have the same surnames it doesn't necessarily follow that they are the parents? Perhaps everone should have to carry originally full birth certificates with parents named.......... Requiring a form for children up up to the age of 18 does seem rather OTT.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 7:09 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
This looks like the form we were given to complete. We didn't provide the birth certificate number as we didn't have it with us.

In theory even when parents do travel with a child just because they have the same surnames it doesn't necessarily follow that they are the parents? Perhaps everone should have to carry originally full birth certificates with parents named.......... Requiring a form for children up up to the age of 18 does seem rather OTT.
Cousins on my husband's side of the family have to do this. Mom kept her maiden name when they got married, and Kid has a surname that's a blend of both parents' surnames. Three people, three different surnames. They have to travel with Kid's full birth certificate, regardless of whether it's one parent or both parents - and when it's only one parent, they have a letter from the other. I don't believe they have to fill out a separate form, though, but they have been questioned and asked for the birth certificate many times.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

I have never been asked to show my cc when I have flown with them.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:43 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Thanks for replies, I want to book a flight for my son but he'll be in UK and the CC is in Canada.
I've booked for the kids before and not had an issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.