air fares

Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

shonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura about
Default air fares

Hi
We're hoping to fly uk to Vancouver early to mid Nov. Which airline is cheapest? We can't find anything cheaper than Canadian Affair and there don't seem to be any flights for Air Canada at all!! Anyone got any ideas?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Simon and Susanne will become famous soon enoughSimon and Susanne will become famous soon enough
Default Re: air fares

Originally Posted by shonaoconnor
Hi
We're hoping to fly uk to Vancouver early to mid Nov. Which airline is cheapest? We can't find anything cheaper than Canadian Affair and there don't seem to be any flights for Air Canada at all!! Anyone got any ideas?
Hi Shonaoconnor,
Try www.flyglobespan.com, they are really reasonable price, I've been comparing they to Canadian Affair and they come out about £500 cheaper.

Hope this helps

Regards

Simon & Sue
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:43 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Eh?

Air Canada and BA both have daily flights from Heathrow to Vancouver.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Eh?

Air Canada and BA both have daily flights from Heathrow to Vancouver.
Yup I am on one of them on the 4th of November. Booked Heathrow to Vancouver - Van to Toronto - Toronto to Heathrow for £460 ish I think. But that was many months ago via ebooker.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Loki117
Yup I am on one of them on the 4th of November. Booked Heathrow to Vancouver - Van to Toronto - Toronto to Heathrow for £460 ish I think. But that was many months ago via ebooker.
That's well cheap. You done good.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Souvenir
That's well cheap. You done good.
It was but I soon need to change the dates to push them out for the year I am sure that is going to be an ouch situation! I am allowed to change them but have to pay the change in price. Having spoken to them a month or so back though I dont think it is going to be a huge issue. £100 per person I think they said.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

we found flights for early november direct heathrow to vancouver £481 per person return with Air canada. also for another £45 per person we can take 32kg (to be paided at the airport), so worked out just a little more than canadain affair with the £160 they would charge for the extra legroom and 30kg

We found it with dealchecker.

Found the biggest problem was all the extras they add on so seems hard to get the final price.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

The Davenports is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Globespan stop flying from September to June. We have booked some flights for October with KLM, worked out about £399 each. We are flying from Manchester to Toronto (via Amsterdam) so not sure if they fly to Vancouver.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Simon and Susanne
Hi Shonaoconnor,
Try www.flyglobespan.com, they are really reasonable price, I've been comparing they to Canadian Affair and they come out about £500 cheaper.

Hope this helps

Regards

Simon & Sue
wouldn't want to book globespan right now, too many big rumours they're about to follow zoom
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

ok we found a flight mid nov for £888 for 2 people return with BA direct to vancouver
on dealchecker.co.uk

also BA now charge £25 for bags weighing 32kg as well
or £140 for an extra case up to 32Kg... And your also allowed 2 pieces of hand lugguage , and as long as you can lift it into the overhead locker , so the wieght isnt an issue.

So thats the cheapest we found so far

We looking until sunday if we find none better thats the one we taking.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by thundercat600
wouldn't want to book globespan right now, too many big rumours they're about to follow zoom
The current odds are 11-8. Thomas Cook is rather better, at 20-1, with BMI at a fairly healthy 66-1.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future

these prices look really good, how do you guys find them
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:53 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Have you looked at Seattle and driving up?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by calgarylady
these prices look really good, how do you guys find them
Luck and time...

Have now checked about 125 different sites and growing

as long as you can be flexiable on the dates, we put a date in roughly ,then look a week each way to see if theres cheaper about...

And then when i find a good deal ,go through it all as if you were about to book it all there and then to find the final price.. Then i ring up the airline just to check its all legit and not some dodgy outfit and see what else they can do.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:18 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Have you looked at Seattle and driving up?
That's a horrible journey. Once is OK I guess, but you catch it wrong and miles of traffic around Seattle on I5, then maybe an hour or more to wait at the border. Who needs a 3-5 hour journey after a 9 hour flight? Add in the cost of the journey from Seattle to Vancouver and back again, are you really saving money, aside from the time?

Taking a flight with a US airline, United or Northwest for example to Vancouver would work better, it transits through a US hub, you have to go through US immigration and recheck bags for the connector to YVR. This involves changing aircraft as well. Lots of hassle too.

How much is your time and comfort worth. There is a reason scheduled airlines charge more than the budgets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.