Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Have A Sense of Humour????

Air Canada Have A Sense of Humour????

Old Oct 20th 2005, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Air Canada Have A Sense of Humour????

Before finally deciding that taking our two German Shepherds to Calgary with British Airways via Vancouver with a drive through the Rockies was the best idea, we finally got a quote for them to traval as Cargo on a direct flight to Calgary with Air Canada.

2400 pounds :scared:

Even the British Government aren't that thieving.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Canada Have A Sense of Humour????

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Before finally deciding that taking our two German Shepherds to Calgary with British Airways via Vancouver with a drive through the Rockies was the best idea, we finally got a quote for them to traval as Cargo on a direct flight to Calgary with Air Canada.

Ouch! Have you checked with WestJet yet? I'm wondering if they can offer a better rate....

Oggy
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
Ouch! Have you checked with WestJet yet? I'm wondering if they can offer a better rate....

Oggy
We considered the options of flying to Vancouver or Toronto with BA then an onward flight with Westjet. Problem is that the maximum dog carrier that they will take is 36". Both our dogs are longer than that.

BA is going to cost us about 550 pounds for the pair of them to travel as excess baggage plus a one way mini van hire plus gas plus motel. All in all about 1000 pounds (damn US keyboard does not have a pound sign).

Air Transat would have been cheaper, but the flight schedules just don't fit in with our needs.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:35 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

(damn US keyboard does not have a pound sign).
Why would it, it's a US keyboard

What you need is "Alt 156" £
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been in the same situation, so can't offer any further suggestions.

I can tell you, however, that if you press your ALT key and type 156 at the same time... you will have your £

Cheers

Oggy
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:40 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
I use a British computer and it has a $.......... and a £............
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

What you need is "Alt 156" £
So I thought, but all I get is this symbol for an unprintable character

Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
I've never been in the same situation, so can't offer any further suggestions.
In some ways we are quite looking forward to the drive. We've done it by train in the reverse direction many years ago, so it will be good to see the highway route. As long as the roads don't block.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:49 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Curious. Try Alt 0163 instead. £ If that doesnt work I guess you're stuck with "GBP"
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

We considered the options of flying to Vancouver or Toronto with BA then an onward flight with Westjet. Problem is that the maximum dog carrier that they will take is 36". Both our dogs are longer than that.

BA is going to cost us about 550 pounds for the pair of them to travel as excess baggage plus a one way mini van hire plus gas plus motel. All in all about 1000 pounds (damn US keyboard does not have a pound sign).

Air Transat would have been cheaper, but the flight schedules just don't fit in with our needs.
Try Alt 0163 doesn't work for me, but might for you
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

In some ways we are quite looking forward to the drive. We've done it by train in the reverse direction many years ago, so it will be good to see the highway route. As long as the roads don't block.
It is a beautiful drive from the coast to Calgary! Just a thought... do the trains offer cargo services?

Oggy
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:39 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Curious. Try Alt 0163 instead. £ If that doesnt work I guess you're stuck with "GBP"
£ £ Both work for me, Thanks Ianik i'm chuffed now.
Simple things please simple minds
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:57 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

WOW - Air Canada charged me 80 ounds to bring my JAck Russell from Heathrow to Vancouver and it cost me a further 50 ponds for a crate. Sure must go up with size.

Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Airseir
WOW - Air Canada charged me 80 ounds to bring my JAck Russell from Heathrow to Vancouver and it cost me a further 50 ponds for a crate. Sure must go up with size.
The sods changed the regulations regarding the size of dog that can go as excess baggage on 12th October. Now they have to go as "cargo". Otherwise it would have been about $270.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:58 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

In order to get the pound sign I believe you must use the numeric key pad not the numbers above the letters.

Cheers
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.